M-Audio X-Session Pro/Live 6 MIDI Mapping -- Switches?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
chaircrusher

M-Audio X-Session Pro/Live 6 MIDI Mapping -- Switches?

Post by chaircrusher » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:29 pm

I'm using an M-Audio X-Session Pro to DJ with Ableton Live. I use the default X-Session Pro mapping, for simplicity's sake, and map all the knobs and sliders. Works fantastic EXCEPT for one thing:

The buttons on the X-Session require me to hit the button twice for Ableton to act on them. Looking at the output of the X-Session with MIDI-OX, what the controller sends is 64 for 'On' and zero for 'Off'

I don't see anything in the Ableton Live Help about how to tell Live not to require me to press the buttons twice. Anyone else solved this problem?

binarywords

Post by binarywords » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:26 pm

This is probably because the button is a switch meaning that you press it once its sends an "on" (max=127) then you press it again and it will sent an "off" (min=0). Live doesnt like this typically, so you'll want to change this in M-Audio's Enigma. You want to set the MIN and the MAX for the button to 127; this should fix the problem.

chaircrusher

Post by chaircrusher » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Can Enigma do this? The fix that's supposedly going int o 6.08, which lets you set controller min/max, would fix the problem, but I can't find how to set the ranges in the Live MIDI mapping mode.