Unexpected Saving Problem - Ableton Projects

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
David Heath

Unexpected Saving Problem - Ableton Projects

Post by David Heath » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:54 pm

I've just been working on a set within Live 6, and as I went to save as self contained I recieved a message stating:

"The Live Set which you are about to save is location inside of a Nested Project, which can lead to file management problems. Please save the Set in a different location."

I'm then given the option to 'Save As ...' or 'Cancel'.

What gives? I just want to re-save my set as self contained! I've been doing it since forever, so why won't it let me now? Have I changed an option somewhere or has something gone wrong? It does this for every set I now open!

Also, when I tried creating a new project and saving that, it only saved the .als file and didn't package everything up inside a near Ableton folder. Why is it doing this?

Is it an option I've changed somewhere that is causing this behaviour?

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:05 pm

Hi,

the error you get (and the failed attempt to save a project you made then) is because the folder where is the original project is also a Project. Would you be saving your sets into the Library by any chance? If not, a Project is identified by a "Ableton Project Info" folder into it.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

David Heath

Post by David Heath » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Amaury wrote:Hi,

the error you get (and the failed attempt to save a project you made then) is because the folder where is the original project is also a Project. Would you be saving your sets into the Library by any chance? If not, a Project is identified by a "Ableton Project Info" folder into it.

Regards,
Amaury
Having amended the location of my Ableton Library recently I did a bit of looking around and it turns out you are correct. I've solved the problem now, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

: )

douglasciences

query

Post by douglasciences » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:48 pm

so what was the fix for this particular issue, im having the same exact problem
Live 8,MacBookPro 17 2.16ghz 2GB ram Motu Traveler,APC 40, axiom 61,novation remote sl zero

Amaury

Re: query

Post by Amaury » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:08 am

douglasciences wrote:so what was the fix for this particular issue, im having the same exact problem
Hi,

A way to solve the issue it to save your set in another location, which is not a Project. Live will then create a Project folder and put the set into it, and you'll be able to Collect and Save it.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

douglasciences

Post by douglasciences » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:46 pm

thanks that sorted things out lovely
Live 8,MacBookPro 17 2.16ghz 2GB ram Motu Traveler,APC 40, axiom 61,novation remote sl zero