Graphical Problem PLEASE HELP!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
sharptone

Graphical Problem PLEASE HELP!

Post by sharptone » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 pm

When Ableton is running it runs fine except for one thing: whenever there is another Window over the top of the main interface, such as the right-click menu, preferences, a drop down menu or a VST such as Reaktor it will open and then disappear so you can't see it (it will show whatever is underneath) unless the mouse pointer is over it. This makes it very difficult to use Ableton & especially VSTs properly.

I have a new GeForce 8600 and I tried updating the drivers and making sure nothing else is running but it hasn't made any difference.

The shot below is the basic right-click menu - you can see that the options only reappear when you move back over them. Its as if the screen 'refreshes' and doesn't recognise that anything is there. You can imagine what a nightmare this is when running Reaktor!

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:54 am

I just started having the same issue. Can't pinpoint yet what the problem may be but I know it's been working fine over the past few months, so this is something suddenly new. Yesterday I started working on some new tracks and any config window I open, be it Live's own or VSTs, "disappears" as soon as I click back into the Live main window (same thing happens to pull down menus at times). The only way to get it back is to minimize and maximize Live. Example: I start Live, open Preferences, then click back into the Live main window, Preferences disappears. The only way to get it back now is to minimize and then maximize the Live window. If I quickly click on the Preferences window it stays. If I click back into the main Window it disappears again. This is happening with all windows I open in Live. I tried Live 6.0.9 and 6.0.10, both exhibit this behavior. I have not installed any new graphic driver over the past few months. Everything has been working fine in the past so this is definitely something new.

My System:
Laptop HP Pavilion DV8000, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 7600 mobile (256MB), Windows XP SP2.

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:24 pm

Looks strange. Do you have any Microsoft Intellipoint Mouse drivers installed? They can cause various problems with VST GUIs, sometimes even dropouts and crashes.

As we are not checking this forum regularly, I'd highly suggest to send this to support@ableton.com as well.

Best regards,
Nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:21 pm

[nis] wrote:Looks strange. Do you have any Microsoft Intellipoint Mouse drivers installed? They can cause various problems with VST GUIs, sometimes even dropouts and crashes.

As we are not checking this forum regularly, I'd highly suggest to send this to support@ableton.com as well.

Best regards,
Nico
Thank you Nico, that did it. It made sense as I just bought the Microsoft Sidewinder and installed the Intellipoint drivers. Removed them and all is well again.

sharptone

Post by sharptone » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:54 pm

YES!!! It worked too. I have a Microsoft Intellimouse, which you dont need the drivers for to work. I uninstalled them and it works fine. Thanks a bunch you're a fuckin legend. It's always the simplest things - bloody Microsoft!!

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:41 pm

glad it worked ;)

cheers,
nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

+1

Post by +1 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:47 am

I have same problem..

:arrow: Uninstalled Intellipoint Mouse and now the problem is gone.