Undo - "Change Parameter #6"

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
spkey

Undo - "Change Parameter #6"

Post by spkey » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:34 pm

Hi all,

Lately my 'Undo' option does not work for all changes I make. Undoing a deleted clip works fine but changing the midi information or a channel or vst parameter such as the master volume control does not. Instead of saying Undo 'Change volume control' for example it gives an Undo 'Change paramter #6'.

This is a behavious I have not seen before from my Live! and I have noticed it probably at about the same time I upgraded to 6.0.9

Any thoughts?

WaveRider

Re: Undo - "Change Parameter #6"

Post by WaveRider » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:31 pm

spkey wrote:Hi all,

Lately my 'Undo' option does not work for all changes I make. Undoing a deleted clip works fine but changing the midi information or a channel or vst parameter such as the master volume control does not. Instead of saying Undo 'Change volume control' for example it gives an Undo 'Change paramter #6'.

This is a behavious I have not seen before from my Live! and I have noticed it probably at about the same time I upgraded to 6.0.9

Any thoughts?
it is simply a parameter within your vst that constantly changes "by itself" i.e. auto-oscillate. The abes said they won t ever fix that. It is causing me a lot of problems too. It messes the undo.

spkey

Post by spkey » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:50 am

WaveRider,

I changed the volume control of my Master Channel and it couldn't undo this. There was no vst in the Master Channel. I never had this issue with 6.0.7.

thanks for your speedy reply

spkey

There is simply NO undo in Ableton!

Post by spkey » Fri May 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Basically I've never managed to fix this issue. Without trying to exaggerate I've come to the honest conclusion that Ableton Live has NO undo for me! My undo is stuck at "Change Parameter #6" constantly and does not let me undo ANYTHING so if this isn't fixed it's a very serious consideration.

Does anyone have this issue at ableton 7?

2times

Post by 2times » Tue May 20, 2008 3:58 pm

Yeah i have the same problem but I noticed it's not all the time.

I was working on a tune and when I tried to undo I get the Parameter#6.
When I start a new song and try to undo it works.
The song I was working on I made that one with AL 7.0.5...maybe that has something to do with it?

kleine

Post by kleine » Wed May 21, 2008 6:37 am

Hello spkey,

In some cases the undo history can become corrupt - you might send me your
Log.txt to check this. -> support@ableton.com

Best,
Christian

spkey

Post by spkey » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:34 am

kleine wrote:Hello spkey,

In some cases the undo history can become corrupt - you might send me your
Log.txt to check this. -> support@ableton.com

Best,
Christian
Kleine, I will do this asap. Many thanks for your response.

BTW, I have managed to find a small workaround though it does not work all times. As suggested by WaveRider the parameter #no thing is a parameter within a vst that auto-oscillate by itself. The answer is to freeze the channel that contains the oscillating vst (if you can find it!)

sp