Live 6 not creating project folders (on leopard)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
panda21

Live 6 not creating project folders (on leopard)

Post by panda21 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:14 pm

I noticed that when i save a set in live now it no longer creates a project folder for the .als file automatically, whereas all my previous projects are folders that live created for them

I've just done an archive and install upgrade to leopard so I assume its because of that but it seems like a very unusual bug

Is there some option i can't see that turns this on or is it a bug in live on leopard? I might try reinstalling but i dont really want to

jean_pierre

Post by jean_pierre » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:19 pm

not that it is much of a help, but i haven't had any problems in leopard with live saving sets in project folders. if you aren't married to your leopard install, you could try a clean install and see if that helps. in my case, i installed live in tiger and run it from leopard - i have a shared home folder for my two boot partitions, tiger/leopard, and i can go back and forth between the two without much of a problem.

ScottFree

Post by ScottFree » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:28 am

check the folder preferences and try making sure that the folder you're saving to isn't "read only"

panda21

Post by panda21 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:44 am

fixed now, it was because my library path was set to my 'Music' folder rather than the old live library folder for some reason