How do I retrieve my free upgrade to 7?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
icedsushi

How do I retrieve my free upgrade to 7?

Post by icedsushi » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:22 pm

OK, so I finally unlocked my Live 6 license last night. So as stated I should get a free license for Live 7. I logged into my account after I unlocked 6. It's the same as before, no Live 7 serial# in there. :-/

I emailed support almost 24 hours ago, but of course they're extremely busy. So I'll turn to the forum to speed things up a little. Any of you who just unlocked 6 got your free 7 serial number yet?

Is the Live 7 serial number automatically issued and I just don't know where to look? Or are you supposed to manually email support to request it?

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:12 am

Strange. Support got back to me right away about some other issue, but I used the customer service email to ask about my Live 7 license. Still haven't heard from them. I guess they're closed for the weekend now? So no unlocking it until monday...:(

I guess the majority of everybody already has been running Live 6 for a long time. Live 7 would be a paid update so they don't need to worry about this.

Can you guys at least tell me, has anyone who just bought Live 6 successfully gotten their free update yet?

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:04 am

I got it yesterday morning which would have been thursday night for you. They emailed me the serial and directed me to the Abes website for the Live 7 download. Been running it for a day and a half now without problems.

Since you only just unlocked Live 6, you should get the Live 7 serial sometime next week.

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:25 am

I upgraded to 6 on Tuesday night, they sent me an email with new serial for 6 and a link for the free 7 upgrade for when it became available. When 7 came out i went back to the email, clicked the link, downloaded it and....can't remember, somehow my serial for 7 was alreadey there waiting for me. Got 7 running now.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:36 pm

Fledz wrote:I got it yesterday morning which would have been thursday night for you. They emailed me the serial and directed me to the Abes website for the Live 7 download. Been running it for a day and a half now without problems.

Since you only just unlocked Live 6, you should get the Live 7 serial sometime next week.
I see. So it takes a few days for them to generate an email. I thought the new serial might just pop up in your account automatically next time you log in.

It's only been two days since I unlocked 6, so I guess I just need to be patient and wait for an email next week.

Thanks.

Beats r us

Post by Beats r us » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:47 am

ive got the same problem mate. Bought Live 6 a couple of days ago with no way to upgrade to 7 yet..

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:20 am

icedsushi wrote:Strange. Support got back to me right away about some other issue, but I used the customer service email to ask about my Live 7 license. Still haven't heard from them. I guess they're closed for the weekend now? So no unlocking it until monday...:(
i emailed on thursday - and haven't heard back yet - judging by other angry posts I'm guessing they are closed for the weekend, and will have a fair amount of stroppy emails to work through on Monday - so everybody's going to have to wiat I expect..
Improve workflow in a DAW and all your customers become naturally impatient as they're used to it all happening quick :cry: :cry: :wink:

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:17 pm

If it's any consolation, the projects from Live 6 imported in perfectly to Live 7 don't be afraid to continue with Live 6 and just jump on 7 when you get the serial :)

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:54 pm

Fledz wrote:If it's any consolation, the projects from Live 6 imported in perfectly to Live 7 don't be afraid to continue with Live 6 and just jump on 7 when you get the serial :)
Yeah thats true. Unfortunately I've had the Beta for weeks, and have been writing all my tunes in that... you can go forward.. but you cain't go back (bit like my hometown)

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:02 pm

Guys, at first i was expecting the serial to be on my account at Ableton's site or get it by mail too, but you have to go to downloads and there will be a link to the live 7 free update, meaning if you allready installed it, the serial will now be on your account.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:23 pm

djgroovy wrote:Guys, at first i was expecting the serial to be on my account at Ableton's site or get it by mail too, but you have to go to downloads and there will be a link to the live 7 free update, meaning if you allready installed it, the serial will now be on your account.
Yep, tried that and the serial still isn't there. Believe me, I've been checking several times furiously, haha. While I only just unlocked it last Thursday, I think I'm one of the few people it's not in there automatically because I originally bought Live 6 several months ago?

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Dunno, this worked for me.

Beats r us

Post by Beats r us » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:06 am

icedsushi wrote:
djgroovy wrote:Guys, at first i was expecting the serial to be on my account at Ableton's site or get it by mail too, but you have to go to downloads and there will be a link to the live 7 free update, meaning if you allready installed it, the serial will now be on your account.
Yep, tried that and the serial still isn't there. Believe me, I've been checking several times furiously, haha. While I only just unlocked it last Thursday, I think I'm one of the few people it's not in there automatically because I originally bought Live 6 several months ago?
im still with you iced. I bought live 6 only a few days before 7 came out and was guaranteed a free upgrade. Still nothing. How about you?

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:23 am

A day later...Just logged in, logged out, logged back in again and hit the refresh button. Still not there. :wink:

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:53 pm

Just to follow up...

They replied to my emails last week. The reason I didn't get a free upgrade automatically in my account after unlocking is because the purchase date of Live 6 was so long ago (early summer). Which I think is totally understandable.

Understanding I had kept Live 6 (still locked) all that time without using it, Ableton made a compromise and gave me a special discount on the upgrade.

So happy ending. :)