Remote SL: "ableton is offline"

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
abletoff

Remote SL: "ableton is offline"

Post by abletoff » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi, update my Novation SL 37 with new Os, now it simply does not work at all. Displays say "ableton is offline", tried changing usb settings and Live prefs, no luck. It's a legit copy before anyone suspects something :D
Maybe I'm missing the obvious.

Edit: my tascam us2400 shows problems too. Going to try it on my other machine.
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:31 am

It was a triggerfinger issue. Somewhat the usb device manager got messed up and it could not coexist with the tascam, making the SL go bonkers :D. The SL works fine now, even controlling tempo from knob and tap button.
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

tr309

Post by tr309 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I installed the new Remote OS 4.1 and now whenever I'm in Live I get no mixer automap. It just keeps saying:

'Ableton is OFFLINE'

I can't figure out how to resolve this.

Can anyone help?

I would revert back to the old Remote OS but Novation don't have 3.1 on their support website anymore.

Thanks,

Rich

TinyVince

Hallo

Post by TinyVince » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:32 pm

I´ve probs here with my SL37 and Ableton LiveLE Demo.
In the right display show it me data from the mixerpage thats ok.
But left i can change the endless-encoder and and switch different displays (up and down) to edit a vsti.
But i cant clear in the vstiwindow the complete automappreset ( or one ) and learn a new usersetup.
To example in SX3 "clear all , learn all ,safe as default " and ready to control with my own setup this vsti.

I cant find a answer .
any ideas ??

THANKS TinyVince

tr309

Post by tr309 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 am

Hi TinyVince,

I haven't tried creating custom automaps/templates for my plugins in Ableton or VST yet actually. I am looking forward to this. Is your problem related to the OS4.1 upgrade?

Rich

TinyVince

Hallo

Post by TinyVince » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Hallo
I use here the last OS from Novation.
I cannot say whether there was different before .
This problem is with the new universal automap ( Version 1.3 )only. Right thats ok but the left site i cant use it . Thats a parameter chaos only and cannot to edit .( clear and so on )

No ideas Rich ?

BUT I RICH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turn the Data Select Encoder down to TEMPLATE 38 ( from 40 Ableton) and its RUN .. I found it out in this minute !!!!!

TinyVince :D :D :D :D

Out Of My System

Post by Out Of My System » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Got the same problem with a ReMOTE 25SL Compact. Using Template 40 gives 'Ableton is OFFLINE'. The keys, pads and rotaries are all sending MIDI ok, but there's no automap at all.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:42 pm

I also get this message 40% of the time after installing the latest 4.1 Novation OS. Sometimes rebooting Ableton cures it, sometimes have to reboot twice.

OSX 10.4.11 on a C2Duo MBP

Timur

Post by Timur » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Does this happen with Live 6? It might be due to Live's messed up Midi handling. In case you have Midi output and/or sync enabled for the Remote (beside Control Surface), turn off sync and turn off "USBaTo" via the Remote's global settings. If the Automap Server application is autostarted via Windows start then remove that, with the latest version it will start upon Live's startup, maybe that causes a problem. It may also be that the Autostart Server app was running when you installed the Remote Update and thus was not updated. Exit it manually (system tray) and reinstall the update.

I have been starting Live at least ten times in a row now and not a single instance of "Ableton Offline" happening. Never happened before anyway, running XP. *shrug*

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:34 pm

FWIW, I've seen this in Logic too after the new 4 update. It'll be working fine, then poof, it all goes offline for no reason.

Out Of My System

Post by Out Of My System » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:15 pm

I killed the Automap server, shutdown Live 7, reran the Automap 4.1 installer and updated the RemoteSL Compact 25. Automap now works for any VST plugins within Live when using preset 38. When trying to use the Ableton preset - preset 40 - I just get 'Ableton is OFFLINE'. The keys, knobs and pads all work when using either preset. Can't control Operator or anything when using preset 40.

I'm on XP SP2.

Timur

Post by Timur » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Try turning off all Midi Port in Live's preferences and only set the "Control Surface" to use the Remote. Try deleting/removing all USB ports, hubs and controllers via Windows' hardware-manager and restart Windows. That will force Windows to reinstall all USB drivers.

Out Of My System

Post by Out Of My System » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:03 pm

Thanks for the advice, Timur. I've uninstalled Live 7 and gone back to Live 6 where it all works perfectly as before. Hope this gets fixed pretty soon!

StreetSoul

Post by StreetSoul » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:04 pm

I got the same annoying problem. The automap universal works just fine. But not the ableton automap! I have sent a mail to novation about this problem but still havent received a reply. To all of u that have the same problem with this new update. Please send a mail to novation so they can fix this soooon! :(

allanaceflyer

Post by allanaceflyer » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:50 pm

hello try going into all programs novation automap universal lanch server then open live.good luck