Problem importing project from ableton 6 to ableton 7

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Disco Dancer

Problem importing project from ableton 6 to ableton 7

Post by Disco Dancer » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:49 pm

Im havin a problem importing a project from Ableton 6 to Ableton 7. I am not sure yet if its a problem with all my Ableton 6 files or just this one - regardless I am really keen to sort this out, if only for this one project.

The problem is with warp markers. The project is basically an audio file made with a live drummer which i have quantised and then cut up extensively into different sections and then put these sections back together.

I import this file from 6 to 7 and the position of these warp markers have changed so everything is off-kilter.

What can i do to fix this? Is there some kind of setting im missing?

Cheers.

dtm

Post by dtm » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:58 pm

Um, think I had this problem too. You may need to check you have the latest version of quicktime if you are taking your live 6 project from another computer. Don't ask me why, but it seemed to do the trick for me. Also if any parts of your project are midi, they may not work either. This problem was easier to fix- you just select everything from the old track in session view, and copy it to a new midi track.
Lenovo W510 (touch i7 920xm 16GB 1333MHz Ram,2xSSD),RME FF800,Edirol 8x8 midi,Doepfer MAQ16/3,TLA Fat1,Korg KP2,Pioneer FX1000,Allen&Heath 14:4:2,Manifold Labs Plugzilla,Poly Evolver,Machinedrum,TB303,TR909,MPC3000.. and no free TIME to USE IT >:(