Strange behaviour with un-warped tracks and tempo changes

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
helixx

Strange behaviour with un-warped tracks and tempo changes

Post by helixx » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:35 pm

I have been putting together a set of very different-sounding music -- different genres, different vibes (its for a specific event). in the beginning some of the songs vary quite a bit by BPM and so I leave them un-warped and just play them. since i'm not going to mix them like i would a house tune (i'm just xfading them), imo its not worth bothering to set the warp markers.

the problem occurs when i change the tempo to prepare for the set's introduction of the more beat-based music. while an un-warped track is playing, changing the tempo of the song the song causes the un-warped track to skip around. i was under the impression that changing tempo during an unwarped song wouldn't affect it. apparently it does, and not in a good way.

am i reading this behavior wrong? is this a bug? should i just use complex warping, take the fidelity hit, and move on with my life?
1.65ghz powerbook 15" | 1.5gb RAM | Ableton Live 6.0.10 | Operator | Korg Zero 4 | Logic Pro 8 | Korg Kontrol49 | Behringer BCF2000 | Alesis Multimix8 Firewire