Tempo Nudge stuck

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
strangus

Tempo Nudge stuck

Post by strangus » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:25 am

I am experiencing an issue where the nudge tempo down button is permanently pressed. The problem even persists after a reinstall of the application. I am not using a midi controller and the nudge down is not mapped to any keys on the keyboard.
Any ideas on how to get it unstuck? I am thinking it might be a template problem. because when I open up older projects this problem is not present
This is with live 7.0.3 on osx.

Update: It was template problem. I deleted the current template and it worked.

Toxie

Post by Toxie » Thu May 08, 2008 2:34 pm

I am experiencing this issue too. I'm running 7.0.3 and Leopard 10.5.1.

The tempo nudge buttons seem to get "stuck" whenever I have a tempo map active in the set. Once one of the nudge buttons are pressed, there is really no way to release them - the set tempo either becomes permanently fast or slow (depending on which button was pressed) and I am required to rebuild the set from scratch.

Toxie

dom

Post by dom » Fri May 09, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi Toxie,

can you reproduce this with 7.0.5?

Best,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

Toxie

Post by Toxie » Thu May 15, 2008 1:35 am

So, I learned that I was a bit quick to post. After playing with 7.0.5 and trying to recreate the issue, I realized it had more to do with the way I was mapping to my MIDI controller. If I mapped the Tempo Nudge to a controller that doesn't Toggle when I release the button (by default), it appears that the button is "stuck". A sustain pedal is a good example of a controller that works well with the tempo nudge because it is used to toggling on/off with each button press.

Regards,
Toxie

Toxie

Post by Toxie » Thu May 15, 2008 1:38 am

I do seem to be having an issue mapping a MIDI controller knob to the Tempo (Fine) control in Live. It works with the Tempo (Coarse), but turning the knob when mapped to Tempo (Fine) crashes Live.

Any suggestions? Thx in advance.

T

kleine

Post by kleine » Thu May 15, 2008 8:15 am

Toxie wrote:I do seem to be having an issue mapping a MIDI controller knob to the Tempo (Fine) control in Live. It works with the Tempo (Coarse), but turning the knob when mapped to Tempo (Fine) crashes Live.

Any suggestions? Thx in advance.

T
Could you try 7.0.7? If it still crashes, please send me the Crashlog/Log.txt.

Best,
Christian

jsalmont

Re: Tempo Nudge stuck

Post by jsalmont » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:01 pm

My issue is slightly different.

When I turn a midi knob mapped to fine tempo I can increase the tempo but not decrease. If I set it to 120, for example, it will let me increase about 3 points to about 123 in "fine" increments. When I turn the knob to decrease, nothing happens.

Controller is an mpd24. Live 7.

jsalmont

Re: Tempo Nudge stuck

Post by jsalmont » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:59 am

Ok so I figured out the problem. Turns out midi is restricted to 0-127 messages per knob (or for any one control). When you tweak the knob to the RIGHT increasing it will allow you to increase up to 127 steps. When you turn to the LEFT, since it's already at zero, no messages get sent. Ie, you'd have to somehow set your midi to default to 64 halfway so that you can increase and decrease 64 steps in any direction. Unfortunately I have not been able to figure out how to do this with the mpd24. Real problem with tempo. And nothing changes for this with live eight. One of the limitations of midi I think.

.:pl