Halp! Live session stops inexplicably while using Faderfoxes

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
csl

Halp! Live session stops inexplicably while using Faderfoxes

Post by csl » Tue May 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi folks,

I'm currently experiencing a problem using Live 5.2 in session view, and I'd be very grateful for any light shed on this issue:

I've using three Faderfoxes, an LD2, LX2 and LV1, chained in that order in a loop, with the first unit having anti-feedback switched on, as suggested.

Everything works perfectly, using effects etc., all units work just fine, BUT very occasionally, when I'm switching in/out and adjusting effects, live just stops everything -- the clips stop. I can just press play again to continue, but obviously it's rather disconcerting to have your set stop mid-flow.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be occurring? Perhaps some Faderfox users have experienced the same problem at some point or another? I'm playing a gig next week and would love it if someone could help me solve this issue, thanks!

csl

Post by csl » Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 pm

Okay, Matthias is going to post some updated firmware chips to me to see if that'll do the trick.

three

Post by three » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:19 pm

I've never had any issue with the FaderFoxes - love them to pieces. Played a gig two Saturday's ago with no problem.

I've never had problems with them - they're the one piece of kit that has always just _worked_ - but I wish the best of luck!

Chris

[mid]

Post by [mid] » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:08 pm

Hello csl,

make sure to set up a chain exactly as described in the manual of the faderfox and activate the feedback killer on the LX2 - the device in the chain that is connected to the midi out of your computer/midi-interface.

If you still got problems please contact me by using this email:
support@ableton.com

Best,
Michael
Ableton HQ
ableton support team
support@ableton.com