Midi Sync External Hardware

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Ballhaus

Midi Sync External Hardware

Post by Ballhaus » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:58 am

I just want to thank you all for this great forum, great hints and tips from members like Tarekith and Covops and all the others, also some great humor stuff going on here particular in the midi sync discussion.
Speaking of which, i tried everything to sync up Ableton with my other gear machinedrum uw, electribes, literally everything !!!! it is untight no matter what you do, its no fun way of working, you have to rely on your equipment, there are also some other things like not possible to record automation in session view, latency issues etc. about this great programm which got me more and more away from it. Last week I tried to sync Reason to my machinedrum and it was so goddamm tight that i had tears in my eyes, i even could layer drumsounds without a problem, no flange nothing. Tarekith you have to try this one for sure, try reason4 as a slave and you will be addicted believe me. For me i will come back to the programm when the sync is tight, but i want to use my external gear cause music should be fun !! Hope you feel me on this one !!

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:17 am

Same here....

I want the futur NOW 8O

Ballhaus

Post by Ballhaus » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:47 pm

Even" Djing" my Machinedrum with Ableton ist tighter than Sync 8)

funk313

Post by funk313 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:21 pm

Ableton is drifting....and im FREAKIN SICK AND TIRED OF IT!! Dont get me wrong I absolutely love this prg..but how the FAK am i going to use this in a live situation??
I mean Live was made for doing stuff live right? ARRG!!! so i did a little bassline on my hardware Pro-One (yeah there is actually some of us that still uses HARDWARE SYNTHs!!)... alongside a drumrack track, took some pix and uploaded the track..

Oh yeah and btw im gonna SPAM every thread i can find about this problem..F the economic crisis, F global warming, F rising food prices, F Iraq and F everything else..the F-ing UN have to step up now and solve this WORLD crisis or ableton at least!!

Heres my setup:

MacBook Pro running Leopard
Ableton Live 7.0.10
Tc Konnekt Live Interfacae
In this case its hooked up to my Kenton Pro Solo controlling a Sequential Pro-one
hardware synth

LISTEN: ARRG!!just scroll the damn track..

http://listic.dk/p.hilla/Ableton%20is%2 ... hafuka.mp3

FIRST COUPLE OF BARS:

LAST COUPLE OF BARS: WHAT A BIAITCH!