a few questions from a beginner.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
radiumtunez

a few questions from a beginner.

Post by radiumtunez » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:13 pm

i am using ableton live 7, and i love everythign about it. just have some issues i run into once in a while.

1. why cant i see the ram usage in Ableton?
2. why is the browser so slow with scrolling and playing simple wav files fast enough even after configuring my EMU1212m sound card for best sound. i compared the browse to the one in flstudio and flstudio feels much faster. please fix this if this is a big.
3.why no dual screen support??? :-s
4.is there a way we can use midifx? and i dont mean the ones by ableton.
5.sometimes when i load in a new vsti or vst i cant find a place to change presets. i'll have to go into the vst it self and change it in there. there needs to be a fast easier way to do this.
6. need better organisation with the plugins. needs to be subfolders or quick shortcuts to get to a specific selection of plugins to make a faster workflow.
7. it would be nice to have a pattern sequencer in ableton. the piano roll isnt enough.

i'll be really greatful if someone takes their time to answer my questions. :wink:

we need ableton to kick ass. so far it wins on its unique way of freezing tracks. btw where does it save the waves after it freezes and unfreeze i want to know how it handles those files. hope it doesnt store them in a strange directory. lol

kleine

Post by kleine » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:38 am

Hello radiumtunez,

Welcome to the ableton forum.
Here are my answers:

1. I agree this would be useful. It´s a feature wish.
2. Do you have the pre-listening activated while browsing?
3. Also a feature wish - it´s on the wish list.
4.Due to the fact that the VST standard does not include MIDI VST´s, Live does not support those at the moment.
5. This depends on the programming of the VST, some VST´s allow fast preset switching in Live´s own VST device GUI:
If you can´t change it here, the VST uses it´s 'own' preset management and Live has no influence on it.
6. You could create subfolders in the actual VST folder on your hd, Live should represent it´s structure then in the browser.
7. Yes, it´s on the list.

Thanks for your feedback - feature wishes should be posted in the wishes forum -
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Best,
Christian

radiumtunez

about the browse

Post by radiumtunez » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:00 am

i have the prelistening turn off and all those stuff that lags the browse.. i will like to see a video of someone using the browse and its playing every audio fast.