Moving Warp Markers...again?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
permutation

Moving Warp Markers...again?

Post by permutation » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:50 pm

I did a search on this, and apparently this problem has been mentioned before, but that was more than two years ago in version 5. anyway, I do have it in 7.02 as well...

on some tracks, whenever i zoom in, the warp marker moves to the left of where it has actually been. this happens with tracks i warped two years ago, as well as tracks i warped a couple of weeks ago. the only way to fix this is to delete both the cache and the .asd file, meaning that I have to warp the track again. considering a library of about 1000 tracks, this is serious business.

i have no idea where this comes from, as i did not change my settings or setup. has anyone experienced this before and maybe found a solution to it? i'm actually considering a downgrade to live 6, since 7 is giving me some other problems as well....
Last edited by permutation on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jok

Post by jok » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi,

we´ve yet been unable to reproduce the problem. Are you 100% sure that the warp marker settings of the original file had been saved to the .asd with the "Save" button?
It´s just something that´s all too easily forgotten and overlooked, since the warp markers will still be in place in the Liveset the audio file had been warped in originally.
If you can reproduce the problem, it would be extremely helpful if you could provide us with audio and .asd examples. Please send them to support@ableton.com.

Best,

Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

youngstar

yep

Post by youngstar » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:47 am

Yes i have experienced the same problem, even tho when i click in the save button , the marker would still go back .....

jok

Post by jok » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:30 am

Hi,

what computer/os do you use? In case you use Windows, is Quicktime installed?

Best,

Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

Pepehouse

Post by Pepehouse » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:32 pm

It happened to me only in one folder with about ten tracks, they were mp3s @ 320kbps and downloaded from Beatport, the warp markers were moved and I had to rewarp them again. I´m on XP SP3 and yes, the latest version of Quicktime is installed.
A day without House Music isn't the end of the world but is so damn close.

http://soundcloud.com/pepehouse
http://www.myspace.com/pepehouse
http://www.worlddj.com/pepe-house

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:10 pm

We see this sometimes on ALDJ, and it's always with MP3's.

FWIW.

permutation

Post by permutation » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:20 pm

i'm on windows too, latest quicktime installed (it wasn't before, but installing it didn't change anything). i always save the warp markers by clicking on "save", in fact, i didn't know there was another option to do it?

i tried to find a pattern, looking at the files which work and which don't, since the problem doesn't appear with all files, as i previously suspected. they are all mp3s, but they differ in terms of bitrate and source (so beatport doesn't have anything to do with it). still, i somehow suspect that it does not appear with files i warped back in the days with Live 4 or 5, but rather ones I warped with 6 and an early version of 7...i have to confirm that though.

the thing that strikes me is that the problem basically came out of the blue: i fired up live, and there it was, although only a couple of days before everything was fine, and i did not change anything on my system that could have triggered it.

well, i did warp most of my recent tracks again, and i really hope the problem doesn't come back...