7.0.10 - Problem opening sets

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
tim_is_superduper

Post by tim_is_superduper » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi,

Sorry my first post and I am a forum newbie so sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with 7.0.10 opening sets? And if this is an issue likely to be addressed in the next update?

I seem to have problems opening sets thru both the 'open' menu option and the 'open recent sets' option. When the set opens, the status bar gets stuck at a certain percentage when buffering samples (varies each time). The screen also doesn't update from the previous set loaded, though the set can be played! But the set never loads properly even after waiting for a good while and the only way round this is usually after opening and closing preferences or switching to another application and back the set seems to then be display and work fine.

I'm now writing this though cos I'm waiting for a set to open and the workaround above isn't working gah!

For info I'm using Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5.

Cheers! Btw anyone heard the new Squarepusher album? Personally I think it's definitely up to form!

Tim

cids

Post by cids » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:01 am

Never seen this issue... so it's not a 7.0.10 + 10.5.5 issue...
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

kleine

Post by kleine » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:20 am

Hello tim_is_superduper,

We have som reports that this can happen when the set´s contain
NI plug-ins. Can you confirm that you have NI plug-ins in your sets?

Best,
Christian

bigben54

Post by bigben54 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:37 am

I am having the same problem with some songs that used to open fine. I'm using 7.0.7 and 10.5.5, and use many NI plug-ins.

When loading it, it shows "buffering samples..." and will get anywhere from 6%-99% done but never complete. The GUI is frozen on the old song but I can play the new song and quit via key command. Previously quitting and restarting seemed to fix it but now it doesn't. also if i try to load another song right after it may have the same problem even if it doesn't normally.

thanks!

tim_is_superduper

Post by tim_is_superduper » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 pm

Hi Christian,

Apologies for only just getting back to you.

Yes, from all the sets I've tried the ones that have the problems are ones containing Native Instruments Plug-ins.

Cheers, Tim

beatknik

Related NI plug-in issues...

Post by beatknik » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi There

I was just about to start a new thread about the issues I have using NI plug-ins in 7.0.10, but they seem to be flagged up here...

I use kontakt for sample triggering from external pads, as well as guitar rig (sometimes 2 or 3 instances within the same set).
Sometimes I hit a pad, the CPU spikes, and massive latency occurs. This is normally resolved by quitting Live and reloading the set, but is a far from ideal workaround as I use this setup at gigs!
Also, sometimes we'll be looping stuff up in realtime, and in sets where I use NI plugins, the track can suddenly skip...

I've tried partitioning my hard drive (MacBookPro, Intel Core etc), doubling my RAM to 2 GBs, upgrading, everything!

Any advice/help would be much appreciated...

Marcus

bigben54

re: Related NI plug-in issues...

Post by bigben54 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:12 pm

beatnik I don't think you're having the same issue.. we cannot even completely open the songs.

And tracks that do open (with lots of NI-plugs) are not having any delay issues for me.

Anybody else seeing this?

wirehead

Re: re: Related NI plug-in issues...

Post by wirehead » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:33 pm

bigben54 wrote:beatnik I don't think you're having the same issue.. we cannot even completely open the songs.

And tracks that do open (with lots of NI-plugs) are not having any delay issues for me.

Hello,

i've got the same problem and yes i'am using NI Plugins (Komplete 5) on my iMac. I know about another musician who's using Live 7.10 and NI Komplete 5 on a Macbook Pro and he has the same trouble too. A little workaround is to shift between Fullscreen/Window-View to get a screen-update.

Michael
Last edited by wirehead on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MacOS 10.5.6, Logic Studio 8.02, Protools 8, Ableton Live 7.14, Alu-iMac 20", Macbook Pro, Metric Halo 2882 (2D Expanded), , M-Audio Lightbridge, Frontier Alphatrack

j.adams

same prob for me too

Post by j.adams » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:41 pm

i have the same problem. NI Komplete 5 on my computer and Live doesn't like it. I don't seem to have the problem when I load up the set from the icon in the project folder, only when i do the "open recent set" function or the "open set" function. weird.

ciao,
jadams

channelite

Post by channelite » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:43 am

kleine wrote:Hello tim_is_superduper,

We have som reports that this can happen when the set´s contain
NI plug-ins. Can you confirm that you have NI plug-ins in your sets?

Best,
Christian
I have this problem when a set is saved with a NI plugin like Massive. Hitting F11 a couple times fixes the problem for me. I've recently went from 2GB of RAM to 8GB on my Mac Pro and I still have this issue.

wirehead

Re: re: Related NI plug-in issues...

Post by wirehead » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:38 am

Meanwhile i've sold all NI Plugins and now all problems are gone...

wirehead wrote:
bigben54 wrote:beatnik I don't think you're having the same issue.. we cannot even completely open the songs.

i've got the same problem and yes i'am using NI Plugins (Komplete 5) on my iMac. I know about another musician who's using Live 7.10 and NI Komplete 5 on a Macbook Pro and he has the same trouble too. A little workaround is to shift between Fullscreen/Window-View to get a screen-update.

l
MacOS 10.5.6, Logic Studio 8.02, Protools 8, Ableton Live 7.14, Alu-iMac 20", Macbook Pro, Metric Halo 2882 (2D Expanded), , M-Audio Lightbridge, Frontier Alphatrack

beatknik

Post by beatknik » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:26 am

I'm working on replacing all of the NI plugins I use in ableton, as they're just not reliable for playing live! It's a shame, as NI stuff is awesome, particularly guitar rig and pro-53... Does anyone know of any decent amp modelling plugins that could replace guitar rig?

Marcus
MacBookPro OS X 10.4.11 2GB RAM
Live 8.3
Edirol FA101 Firewire Interface
Akai LPD8

www.hookandthetwin.com