[5145] 8.0b10 Looper bugs - Grouping, off/on, arming track

ralin

[5145] 8.0b10 Looper bugs - Grouping, off/on, arming track

Post by ralin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:00 am

Clicking on a looper and selecting group erases any recorded loop you had. Also mentioned in this thread http://forum.ableton.comviewtopic.php?t ... oup+looper

Removing a looper from a group does the same thing.

Arming a track with a looper on it makes the levels show only the incoming signal. This might be on purpose but the volume knob adjusts the output of the looper, which is not being shown making it a little confusing. This is also opposite to how audio tracks normally work.

If you turn the looper off you can't hit the four small (rec)(plus)(play)(stop) buttons, but you can hit the big (play)/(plus) button which cues the two small (play) (plus) buttons. If you have looper playing a loop, turn it off, then hit the big play button, then turn the looper back on, it plays for a second then stops.

All of the above are reproducible.

I also had odd thing happen.

One looper kept causing the selected track the track it was in to be become the selected track every time it started a new measure.

I couldn't reproduce this one and bug report snapshot is broken for me.

Amaury

Re: [amo] 8.0b10 Looper bugs - Grouping, off/on, arming track

Post by Amaury » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:29 am

Hi,

Please report one issue per thread, because otherwise we may loose one issue on the way, and then it's much quoting gymnastics! :)
Clicking on a looper and selecting group erases any recorded loop you had. Also mentioned in this thread http://forum.ableton.comviewtopic.php?t ... oup+looper

Removing a looper from a group does the same thing.
In these cases, the Looper should stop, but the buffer shouldn't be erased. Can you check with beta 19?
Arming a track with a looper on it makes the levels show only the incoming signal. This might be on purpose but the volume knob adjusts the output of the looper, which is not being shown making it a little confusing. This is also opposite to how audio tracks normally work.
This is because no cli is playing on the track, and you can record a clip there. It is a bit of a strange situation indeed, but we never show a "mixed" signal in the track meter. So here, the input signal wins.
If you turn the looper off you can't hit the four small (rec)(plus)(play)(stop) buttons, but you can hit the big (play)/(plus) button which cues the two small (play) (plus) buttons. If you have looper playing a loop, turn it off, then hit the big play button, then turn the looper back on, it plays for a second then stops.
I filed this as a bug.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team