[4562] Help Menu greyed

clefort

[4562] Help Menu greyed

Post by clefort » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:25 pm

Hello,

I have just downloaded the latest beta. When clicking on the 'please click here' for Lessons in the main window the link is non-functional. Additionally, when selecting 'Table of Contents' from the help menu ; that is, when the lessons pane is deselected or selected [present or non-present] the entire menu available in the help menu becomes GREYED-OUT, immediately after the selection. Following this behavior, the entire contents in the help menu both appears and disappears.

As I am writing this I have both selected and re-selected the help menu at least three times and at first the grayed area disappears and becomes normal text, then immediately, on selecting the menu, the text then becomes GREYED-OUT again.

Again, when typing in the search function under help menu, it is possible to do a search for 'Lessons' and by selecting the found search item, the Table of contents does appear , still the help hyperlink is still non-functional.

I also tried to create a DO BUG REPORTING SNAPSHOT from the help menu, but to no avail. I'm not quite sure whether this would be considered a bug per se, but only a 'cosmetic' defect in the text. SO it is justifiable that bug reporting would not be created.

I hope this helps.

This is my second day using Live. I have been a Digital Performer, Pro Tools, Reason, Logic Studio user for a while. I am happy to be a Live user.

Thank you,

clefort :?:

spanda

Re: Hyperlink to Lessons & ' Help Menu GREYED

Post by spanda » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:37 am

Same issue here with b14. Lessons 8.6 installed when installing b14 but the hyperlink is not functional.

When trying to access ANYTHING from the help menu the full help menu is grayed out but returns after a minute or so although all items in the help menu are functional. Lessons still leads to the inactive link in the Table of Contents Panel.

Cheers

spanda
http://www.spanda.com.au
http://www.maclifesaver.com.au
http://www.liveelectronic.com.au

Mac OSX 10.6.4
ADAM S2.5A/SUB12
Mac Pro 2.8x8/ Macbook
Virus Ti
Novation 0 SLII
Kore 2, Komplete 6
Fireface 800
More Green, Blue, Red, Grey and Silver stuff.

andytheman

Re: Hyperlink to Lessons & ' Help Menu GREYED

Post by andytheman » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:55 pm

same problem here on b13. i would be on b14 by now if the update button wasnt greyed out!

deaddisneyy

Re: [awi] Help Menu greyed

Post by deaddisneyy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:52 am

this is still happening for me on b17.
has anything been talked about regarding this issue that i might have missed somewhere?

Alex

Re: [awi] Help Menu greyed

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:08 am

This bug is fixed since Live 8.0b20.

Regards
/Alex