[heh] trouble controlling VST plugin parameters

ark

[heh] trouble controlling VST plugin parameters

Post by ark » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:13 am

I drop a VST plugin into a MIDI track.

I click the triangle in the title bar to expose the "To add plugin parameters to this panel, click the "Configure" button.

I click the "Configure" button.

I try to activate a parameter by clicking on the corresponding control in the VST plugin's window.

It works with some VST plugins, but when I use, for example, the Arturia Minimoog V plugin, it doesn't let me do it. When I click on the list of plugins under the x-y control, it turns up empty.

When I click the triangle under Live 7, a whole bunch of parameters appear automatically.

Henrik Hahn

Re: 8b15 trouble controlling VST plugin parameters

Post by Henrik Hahn » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi Ark,

for us, most of the Minimoog parameters are configurable and therefore applicable for automation or modulation. Only the 'OSC Range' params and the toggle buttons don't send updates to Live, so they are not configurable. Can you confirm this or can't you configure any of the parameters.

best regards

Henrik

Harmonic Canon

Re: [heh] trouble controlling VST plugin parameters

Post by Harmonic Canon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:56 pm

I've just checked my Arturia minimoog plug in and it configures and midi maps OK apart from the OSC range and switches mentioned above that were never set up for mapping. The XY drop downs only shows the parameters that have been configured by clicking on the mappable plug in panel display.

NB if you have the moog modular you will find that the bode frequency shifter can now be mapped which was not possible previously and is one of the best tweaks 8)

I did have a problem in a previous beta though so are you using v15?
Win XP2, QuadCore6600, 3GBRAM, Ableton 7 suite (& 8 beta), Korg Analogue & Digital Legacy Collection, Arturia V collection soft synths, Korg Kontrol49 & Axiom 61

ark

Re: 8b15 trouble controlling VST plugin parameters

Post by ark » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Henrik Hahn wrote:for us, most of the Minimoog parameters are configurable and therefore applicable for automation or modulation. Only the 'OSC Range' params and the toggle buttons don't send updates to Live, so they are not configurable.
Ah, that may be it.

Under Live 7, all the mapped parameters appear, together with barely comprehensible names, so it may be that I just didn't realize that some of them were missing.