[awi] Live 8.1.1b1 + Max for Live not authorizing

djshiner

[awi] Live 8.1.1b1 + Max for Live not authorizing

Post by djshiner » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:02 am

hey so i just updated to the latest max for live beta.. been using the betas fine for three weeks now.. but today when i went to authorize ableton it asked me to do "proove" my authorization again.. almost from scratch.. so i logged into ableton and hit the authorize button. all looked well.. until i noticed that max for life was not installed..

at first ti ghought that i needed to get the latest max for live version.. so i went to cycling and got it.. then i dumped my ableton 8.1.1 and re installed ableton. auth.. then nothing changed..

kind of stuck here.. in my account is appears that im set up for max for live beta still. however the normal method of authorizing does not seem to do anything.. my live suite with 11 instruments works fine.. but no beta...

kind of sucks cause im supposed to teach a clinic on thursday in toronto on ableton, the launchpad and apc 40 (i get hired by the canadian distributor to do clinics and demos) and would like to have max be part of the demo..

anyone else have this problem?

macbook pro 17 unibody 10.4.9 osx tiger... apc 40, launchpad, remote zero, vestax vcm 600

djshiner

Re: Live 8.1.1b1 + Max for Live not authorizing

Post by djshiner » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:17 am

kept trying and have downloaded practically every installer i can like 3 times each..

found it odd that when downloading the link provided from the beta help page - which said the current version is only in english.... - the version loaded and then prompted me with german.. now my german is horrible but im pretty sure it was saying that i wasnt able to use this version and said "live beeden" which i can only assume means quit or somehting cause thats what happened....

im really starting to feel like a loser here .... which sucks cause im so used to feeling like a smart person...

djshiner

Post by djshiner » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 pm

new day.. tried to install again.. same thing.. no max for live.. LOSING MY MIND.. getting angry even... cant hit laptop..!!!! must fix problem .....

djshiner

Post by djshiner » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:20 pm

anybody?

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:55 pm

The MaxForLive beta serial numbers would only work in the initial Live 8.1 beta, but not in a bugfix beta like 8.1.1b1.
In general, beta serial numbers will not work in bugfix beta versions.

Regards
/Alex