All times are UTC

Post subject: Assign Track Names to Clips
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:58 pm 

We've got assign track colours to clips, why not have the ability to change the clips in the arrangement view to reflect the track names?

Post subject: Re: Assign Track Names to Clips
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:16 am 

I'm not sure if I understand your right, but at least in part, this is already the case.
Track colors are not automatically linked to clip colors when you change the track color or move a clip to another track. And when you create a clip it also gets the track name as (part of) its name. That also won't change after you created the clip just like the color.

But as far as I know, this only happens when you create a clip by recording into the session. When you create a midi clip by double-clicking into a cell the name is just blank. And when you drop a sample into an audio track the clip gets the filename as its name (what actually makes sense).
I'm not sure how it behaves in the arrangement, but since you wrote this feature request I guess the name stays blank.
It looks like Ableton is actually a little bit inconsistent there and I don't like inconsistency.

Post subject: Re: Assign Track Names to Clips
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:40 am 

If I understand right what he means is an option to change clip names automatically when you change the track name. Lİke after you write the name shift+enter to apply it to all clips kind of thing.