Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
accoy
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by accoy » Tue May 04, 2021 6:08 pm

This is SOOOOO UNBELIEVABLY STUPID. I spend hours trying to figure out what is wrong and i find out that the Ableton designers are just sadistic mofo's sucking the life out of us! FIX THIS!!!!! We are in 2021 and people are asking for this primitive function since 2007. For God's ache!!!!!

Tarekith
Posts: 17879
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by Tarekith » Tue May 04, 2021 6:39 pm

Could you clarify a bit about what it is you don't like? Just a rant doesn't really help get your point across.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
Inner Portal Studio - Professional Audio Mastering

accoy
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by accoy » Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 pm

Forgive my language in the previous post, i didn't mean to offend you or anyone...i am just soooo frustrated!

When you have multiple slices of a clip (audio or midi) and you want to select some of them, for instance the 1st and the 5th slice, you cannot do so because using ctrl+click is the same as using shift+click, it just selects everything in between. Have you noticed it?

ozinga
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:43 am

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by ozinga » Tue May 04, 2021 8:28 pm

Wow 14 years and counting :)

accoy
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by accoy » Tue May 04, 2021 8:50 pm

Exactly!!! This is probably the WORST "bug" in the history of all software! And indeed the WORST support by a technical team!

Scoox
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:14 am

Re:

Post by Scoox » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:01 pm

Goran@Irrupt wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:58 pm
Every day i pray that this will be changed in the next version of Live.
Didn't pray hard enough.

I also think the way Ableton have implemented this is very unhelpful.
Last edited by Scoox on Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

accoy
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by accoy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:08 am

Tarekith wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:39 pm
Could you clarify a bit about what it is you don't like? Just a rant doesn't really help get your point across.
I have already replied more than a month ago to you Tarekith and still nothing from you! Do you only reply when you get offended or is it that you people don't care about the users at all? I'd like to know!

Scoox
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:14 am

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by Scoox » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:12 am

Tarekith wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:39 pm
Could you clarify a bit about what it is you don't like? Just a rant doesn't really help get your point across.
Did you actually read the OP?? It's crystal clear. It seems this is obvious to everyone except Ableton...

accoy
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by accoy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:24 am

[/quote]

Did you actually read the OP?? It's crystal clear. It seems this is obvious to everyone except Ableton...
[/quote]

Yeah..silly me! It goes to show you how much I want this simple outdated thing though! :-D

jonljacobi
Posts: 687
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:36 am

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by jonljacobi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:00 am

I suppose someone should mention that this is about non-contiguous clips. It would be nice if Ableton would follow standard usage of shift and CTRL/cmd.

Scoox
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:14 am

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by Scoox » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:03 am

jonljacobi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:00 am
I suppose someone should mention that this is about non-contiguous clips. It would be nice if Ableton would follow standard usage of shift and CTRL/cmd.
I contacted support about this a while back because in the piano roll they they got Ctrl and Shift the wrong way round. After a lot of email back-and-forth they still couldn't see it and insisted it was correctly implemented. You can check this yourself, in the PR Shift selects non-contiguous and Ctrl does nothing. Not meaning to be condescending but the fact that 99.99% of users don't report things like these is no excuse. If anything, it shows most people either lack attention to detail or are too lazy to report issues.

accoy
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Re: Selecting multiple clips - huh?

Post by accoy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:27 am

Scoox wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:03 am
jonljacobi wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:00 am
I suppose someone should mention that this is about non-contiguous clips. It would be nice if Ableton would follow standard usage of shift and CTRL/cmd.
I contacted support about this a while back because in the piano roll they they got Ctrl and Shift the wrong way round. After a lot of email back-and-forth they still couldn't see it and insisted it was correctly implemented. You can check this yourself, in the PR Shift selects non-contiguous and Ctrl does nothing. Not meaning to be condescending but the fact that 99.99% of users don't report things like these is no excuse. If anything, it shows most people either lack attention to detail or are too lazy to report issues.
Well said! But it seems Ableton don't give a rat's ass about the remaining percentage. I'm not surprised they insisted to be right though. After all Germans are infamous for their stubbornness. And I guess they are sadistic as well if i were to judge from this post! Also, why the heck don't they add more colors for the "Collections" feature? Everyone i know wants more categories! Why everything has to be so damn difficult to them Ableton people only? Thats why Reaper and Logic are wining over customers, including myself!

Post Reply