More collection colors?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
blandroid

Re: More collection colors?

Post by blandroid » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:35 pm

+100

justchris

Post by justchris » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:48 pm

8 tagging options are far too few. I need minimum 32, cause I wanna tag also my samples without moving files around my ssd

Jordan Vanderwerf

Post by Jordan Vanderwerf » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:58 pm

I cant count past 7... So.. YKNOW.. :roll:

Jordan Vanderwerf

Post by Jordan Vanderwerf » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:59 pm

Simply.. The benefit of having unlimited colours...

I could just use "PLACES" or my user library to save all my stuff.. but that requires having to drag and drop every little $%#^ing thing INTO there.

Collections is a SLICK tool. Give the grownups a full set of cutlery for dinner. Better yet. Stop touching my turkey and LET ME stuff the dam $%^hole... :?

:wink:

Sonique

Post by Sonique » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:09 pm

Oh, common, such easy feature to implement, 7 tags is not enough

+1

dougdi

Post by dougdi » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:10 pm

+1 it’s time!
Doug

Mudimbi

Post by Mudimbi » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:46 pm

+1

auxilix

Post by auxilix » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:11 am

+1

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:20 pm

How many here find themselves thinking "Oooh, I fancy me some blue on this one!"? Personally, I find the whole colour debate kind of besides the point. All I want are more categories, the colours themselves do virtually nothing to help me. I just use the collections as shortcuts to my favourite content by categories.

Erdbenutzer

Post by Erdbenutzer » Mon May 02, 2022 7:35 am

:!: :!: :!:

For me its also not really about the colors to be distinguishable.

Its more about a way of sorting that is not a Group or a Rack, that is allowing me to group together under umbrella terms that are specific enough to be able to actually quickly find things, without having to scroll through my vst folders / m4L user folder...

I mean there is written text to the color either way, so what the hell, we fill find our stuff + it would actually work without the color coding, cause we want to see the stuff in the collection and find it in the collection we put it into, not by scrolling through the vst folder an then get distracted cause the green, chosen for the delay looks too similar to the blueish square of the phaser plugin... I mean, no, just no.

Being able to Split all of it up into sub-collections that are actually quickly browsable would really pump up the experience.

Its all about convenience and building the environment that fits the own approach the most...
This would be a tremendous help in accomplishing this, inside this very neat piece of software !

Please Please Please give us the possibilities we most certainly all could use to feel even more happy to
be users of this sonic playground !

:!: :!: :!:

eturusheo

Post by eturusheo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:48 pm

I See it the same as @Erdbenutzer, less as colors, but more than a way of sorting things nicely... in my eyes it would make sense to be able to customize more groups than the existing color tags offer

rcube

Post by rcube » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:38 pm

Agree to the above posters - A way to create many "collections" and tag items to them would be extremely useful for workflows.

Assigning colors to collections from a color picker can be made optional - but for some folks, myself included colors can aid in a faster workflow - for example I associate the color blue with dynamics plugins, red with synths / generators and so on.

Assigning pictures to the collection from a list of in-built icons would be mindblowing :)

WenyeLiu

Post by WenyeLiu » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:48 am

totally agree on this!!!! +100 plz give more tags, can set colors also maybe??!!

Q_

Post by Q_ » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:16 pm

Don’t mean to necro this post but pls. +100. Even black white and grey would go far. I want more and maybe even sub collections.

marlasky

Post by marlasky » Thu May 11, 2023 2:43 pm

+1 for having more colors available. I use these to order things and get quick access: red=guitar&perc, orange=synth, yellow=fx, cyan=mixing&mastering, etc

I need more categories :)
Just the option to add categories and pick a color for them would be easy I guess.