Groooooove Quantize!!! Its so important!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
xyandrej

Groooooove Quantize!!! Its so important!!!

Post by xyandrej » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:12 am

I don't understand Ableton still doesn't have the option to quantize
to a specific groove/timing or can learn a specic groove from an existing groove file.

If you can work your way around with the Warping master Clip function why
cant you do that with midi.

If Ableton Live 8 still doesnt support that I don't know what's wrong with the
programming team!

Please give us a groove learn/quantize function! Every other sequencer has this feature! :lol:

Thanks

jackjack

Post by jackjack » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm

i honestly think they are just holding this back to justify future upgrades. Let's just hope Live 8 isn't another minor update + more crappy 3rd party instruments. Getting sick of it.

NativeBreaks

Post by NativeBreaks » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:00 am

yeah. why in the heck does ableton waste so much effort making little instruments and crap? THEY SHOULD FOCUS ON THE CAPABILITIES OF LIVE.

This is one of those things i noticed about ableton as a new customer. Let's hope they stop making sample libraries and synths n stuff and focus on its dynamics...

Personally, I'd never use any of them. It just seems popular for DAW companies to make their own synths these days. I think this is a big waste of time. Seriously.

Live needs more tools:
Midi quantize plugin for midi tracks. And it might as well have user grooves capabilities....
Also, a plug to translate midi notes to CC's and vise versa. To have the ability to convert the velocity of a midi note into a CC doesn't seem lke much to ask for, and yet, it's not there. I'm really shocked that it hasn't been implemented...
I personally would find this extremely useful since I use a midi drum trigger on my padKontrol to send a volume modulation, but I'm completely left without controlling volume by velocity. In fact, I've found some software on the internet to hack my padKontrol, but it's very risky since I can destroy the OS on it... If I use a midi note instead of CC, then the volume works like a toggle, and there's no way for me to turn that off. My padKontrol has a toggle feature, so Ableton shouldn't do that by default....

I think Ableton started out right by making all the utility plugs for audio and midi. GOOD IDEA.

Personally, I use all 3rd party plugs. I'm very specific about the voices/tone generators I buy to use.

I'm sure once I get everything running right in Ableton, including external synths and gear, I'm gonna be seriously pushing some important requests on the forum....

Seriously, Ableton Live is a great tool, but it's seriously lacking some major features, that is making consider going back to Cubase for studio production..... Heck, it's been so long, i'm beginning to forget about all the MIDI tools Cubase has.

I think that the majority of Ableton users are new to the DAW realm, and they just don't know about what's been going on for YEARS. like 10 YEARS.

Watch out Ableton, I'm gonna be your most hated user on the forum very soon. Not because I'm a pain in the ass, BUT I WILL BE MAKING WAY TO MANY GOOD VALID POINTS....

Just wait... I'm almost done building my studio, and when it's all programmed, I'm gonna start hitting you guys up.......

I need to make a video demonstrating how I use Ableton so they can see what kind of simple functions they need to add to ableton......

NativeBreaks

Post by NativeBreaks » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:20 am

years ago i used fruity loops. like 10 years ago... I hate that DAW and imageline,

BUT.......

they had a few tools I found extremely useful.

Something as simple as the XY controller. I know ableton has a mini XY controller for plugins in the device chain, but IT'S VERY LIMITED, and you can't just load a blank one and assign it's input and outputs. For example, the fruity XY controller has a setting where you can adjust the responsiveness of the X&Y controls. This is extremely useful for softening the modulations of midi CC signals.
And
Granulizer. I know Ableton IS A TIME STRETCHING SEMI GRANULAR tool in itself. BUT, really, it doesn't quite give you that crystallized time stretched sound effect that I crave. I really like to use this as an effect sometimes. Why can't we load multi samples into a granular sampler, and have settings for each sample in it? Like one sample on each midi note..

AND YA KNOW WHAT ELSE? Why isn't it easier to draw fades in the ends of clips? Everyone else has a one click and drag fade in/out feature. In Ableton, I have to make several clicks to get this effect, and it's NEVER a smooth curve, always a jagged line. Of course, I could disable the quantizing, and draw it in by hand, but MY MOUSE OR TRACK PAD IS A CRUDE TOOL, and the curve will never be smooth. I know ableton has a "FADE" button in the clip editor, but it has no settings for amount of fade time. It;s default setting is great, I never hear pops and clicks. I know it has an auto-setting that ranges a few milliseconds depending on the wave form. But why can't we simply click and drag with one click to fade in/out a clip?

AND CLIP GROUPING. Why can't we do this? Consolidating is great, but WHY DON'T WE HAVE THE OPTION TO JUST GROUP CLIPS IN THE ARRANGEMENT VIEW...

sorry if i seem pushy, but i'm only trying to help you guys..

seriously tho, I think I might just have to put my studio on hold for another few months until I can afford the new Cubase.....

I miss my editing capabilities. Ableton needs to mature a bit...

xyandrej

Post by xyandrej » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:10 am

I am totally in with Native Breaks!

NativeBreaks

Post by NativeBreaks » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:39 am

thankyou