Song order...

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
rpc9943

Song order...

Post by rpc9943 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 pm

hey I'm a new live user, currently using lite ver and will upgrade very soon... My history has been with using "trackers" and tracktion. I have noticed something that would make the drawing to arrange mode very awesome, in my opinion...

Let me explain.

Currently, it seems live can arrange things in a non-linear fashion. Cool. When i press record and launch scenes or clips, that's pretty cool. But, what if I wanted to accomplish this with a "list"? I know there are follow functions, but this in my opinion would really really kick ass...

For instance, say I know the order of scenes/clips i would want to set. It could be an order list, not unlike a tracker software has. I wouldn't have to go through the entire song and launch / listen. It could load up a matrix or grid list and you could click - non-realtime, and it would set it in the list order, and then click "process" when you're done and would automatically take what you have set and draw it all out in arrange view.

Wouldnt that save a lot of time?

If i'm wrong about this request - please let me know. I think it would be amazing to be able to arrange it non-realtime as well as realtime.

RonC

grymmjack

Post by grymmjack » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:31 pm

great idea. an order list for live scenes would be fantastic.

i think ableton compensated for this however by allowing you to create and store arrangements in realtime and organize many live sets into one live project. thus you have variations etc.

i like the idea though.

i'd like to see follow actions on scenes themselves too.

audiojunkies

This may work well

Post by audiojunkies » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:36 pm

this may solve the Ableton Master clips follow actions thing