All times are UTC

Post subject: Mixer in arrangement
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:53 pm 

As time goes on I use Ableton as a multi-track linear DAW more and more. To have the track list/ header thing on the left side of arrangement view instead of the right would be great.

Also- having a mixer view option in the bottom area where clip and device view live would be kind of cool.

I am new to the forum so if I am requesting things that have been asked for before I apologize.

Post subject: Re: Mixer in arrangement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:40 pm 

conradkehn wrote:
As time goes on I use Ableton as a multi-track linear DAW more and more. To have the track list/ header thing on the left side of arrangement view instead of the right would be great.

Also- having a mixer view option in the bottom area where clip and device view live would be kind of cool.

I am new to the forum so if I am requesting things that have been asked for before I apologize.

You know the Max For Live devices that implements this, right? I find the way to get both is to use 2 displays. I have 2 displays I use full screen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:56 pm 

;-)

http://isotonikstudios.com/erasermice/e ... ing-tools/

Cheers
D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:28 am 

conradkehn wrote:

This should be an option. I've been thinking why I often feel depressed when I open live. It's because the mixer is on the right! Makes it feel like you're looking at a blank sheet of paper. My mind works linearly, left to right, start to end. I start with the instrument, then add the notes, not the other way around. When I see a daw with instrument labels down the left side, I feel immediately at home and oriented.