All times are UTC

Post subject: Back save to older versions of ableton
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:11 pm 

I really think this is a possible and plausible feature for ableton maybe to be able to save
to version 5, 6, 7 from 8 because i know quite a lot of people doing collaborations don't have
the latest version and probably wont upgrade either because it's not there main daw or finacial
restrictions.
now obviously it might not be so easy but if you can open a file from live 1 in 8,
why can't you save the same file back without the 8 fx + midi instruments and so on.

Last edited by audiofeen on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Back save to older versions of ableton
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:20 am 

+1 :!: :!: :!:

Live 8_3_4 + 4b7_32+64 -Suite- Max4Live 5_1_9 _ core2DuoMacBook 2*2,16 Ghz + external FW HD _ OSX 10.6.8 _ 3G RAM _ M.H. MIO 2882 + 5.4d208 Driver _ Faderfox LV1 _ Akai MPK25 _ Logitec wheel mouse _______ PeacE will be the SOLution of LIVE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:01 pm 

+1 :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:00 pm 

a big + here ... add some compatibility

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:55 am 

I luckily enough have been able to afford the upgrade to live 8,
The set share function ad's a great possibility for collaborations and I'm very excited to see what will come of it,
however it limits you to a 2 week period.
This is not quite perfect as it can sometimes take quite a lot longer to finish a re-mix.

It might seem odd for some people that adding backward compatibility is looking forward but
I think it will strengthen ableton's place as the leading DAW in the market.

Audiofeen

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:06 pm 

aaabsolutely :!:
+1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:12 pm 

totsally pointless. could generate a lot of data loss and so on. its not a microsoft word or something.
there are much more important features they should work on:)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:49 pm 

Would be neat of course, but only program that does this is Adobe Photoshop (and maybe their other products, who knows). However, I wouldn't vote for using resources into implementing this - all the new versions of Live bring a bunch of new instruments, updated effects and abilities. I can imagine what a mess it would become if Live would have to convert projects to open with older versions and how much time it would take away from new features and bugfixes.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:24 pm 

I also disagree with this feature as it can introduce too many bugs and the possibility of corrupting Live's library. I think people should update to the latest version of live, rather than have reason not to further support the company's advancements. A lot of work went into live 8, lets show support and upgrade. Especially with the new share feature underway, your experience will be better.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:51 am 

JBlongz wrote:

I also disagree with this feature as it can introduce too many bugs and the possibility of corrupting Live's library. I think people should update to the latest version of live, rather than have reason not to further support the company's advancements. A lot of work went into live 8, lets show support and upgrade. Especially with the new share feature underway, your experience will be better.

\
\Yea well. There not so good with updates.....(Inexperienced programmers) so try working with a project when the key functions don't work and you have a time line..... It's just money right? you could loose a few Ks right? we artists are made of money... that's what they say right? Open up your pocket when you need the application to do (What it's advertised to do). Thought you paid for that when you bought the box set...... think again..... you don't own anything you buy man.... get used to it... You don't own the software... they own you....Gothchaaa.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:00 am