Midi file clips

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Paul Jay

Midi file clips

Post by Paul Jay » Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:21 am

Please include a simple midi file clip that could be used in the same manner as audio clips. In that way you could control an external drum machine or synth etc from within Ableton.
Personally I would use this to run my Novation Drum station alongside Ableton giving me the 909/808 pump which I think is needed on stage.
Any chance of this happening do you think??

fruity

Post by fruity » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:42 am

i have been asking for it so many time that i am starting to be tired !!!!

PLEASE LET LIVE ACCEPT MIDI CLIP !!!!!!!, it should not be so difficult and you will get so many custommers looking for a good sequencer. Or people which want to use live with others hardware station

atom_b

Post by atom_b » Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:28 pm

I've seeing this being discussed several times here and finally there have been several statements on this topic from ableton. As a frequent user of this forum I AM getting tiered of people posting without even reading what's going on. Ableton for sure are VERY responsive to suggestions made here. I'd not like to see them getting tiered of this because of having to answer FAQs.

Sure Midi-clips would be just great (like VSTi would be too maybe), but obviously - if you read the posts you'll know - there's more important things to do.

Try the search button...
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

Fruity

Post by Fruity » Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:01 am

that's right that i haven't been very attentive to the forum, and that's why i have never read a ableton response to this topics..

i was triing to express how i'd like midi clip in Live, it looks like i haven't use the right words !!! sorry...