Keyboard shortcut for Zoom Display?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
memyselfandus

Keyboard shortcut for Zoom Display?

Post by memyselfandus » Fri May 29, 2009 4:10 pm

How do you access the Zoom Display in live 8 without having to go to preferences?

is there a keyboard shortcut?

Mr D

Re: Keyboard shortcut for Zoom Display?

Post by Mr D » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:40 pm

10 years of silence suggests to me it's not possible.............

Anyone??!!

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 pm

cmd+, to open your preferences... that's the only shortcut here.
Ableton Forum Moderator

invisibledan

Post by invisibledan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 pm

I have recently bought a track ball with many buttons on it. The software that came with it wasn’t great so i searched and found this http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/
It allows you to assign shortcuts to the buttons and one I have set up is to zoom in and zoom out. I have used a modifier (cmd) and the scroll wheel. Works a treat.
FYI I have also set up undo and redo, add new midi track, add new audio track, disable and split. There are still a few other things I will assign, just figuring out the most efficient way.

Really has sped up my workflow to do all these things with (mainly) one hand.

vacuum

Post by vacuum » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 pm

invisibledan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 pm
I have recently bought a track ball with many buttons on it. The software that came with it wasn’t great so i searched and found this http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/
It allows you to assign shortcuts to the buttons and one I have set up is to zoom in and zoom out. I have used a modifier (cmd) and the scroll wheel. Works a treat.
FYI I have also set up undo and redo, add new midi track, add new audio track, disable and split. There are still a few other things I will assign, just figuring out the most efficient way.

hi friend,
i installed "steermouse" but i can't figure out how to map cmd+scroll wheel to the "ableton zoom in / zoom out", can you provide step by step instruction please ?
thank you so much

2) and what other cool uses of steermouse you found in ableton

vacuum

Post by vacuum » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 pm

invisibledan wrote:

hi friend,
i installed "steermouse" but i can't figure out how to map cmd+scroll wheel to the "ableton zoom in / zoom out", can you provide step by step instruction please ?
thank you so much

invisibledan

Post by invisibledan » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:11 am

vacuum wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 pm
invisibledan wrote:

hi friend,
thank you so much

Hi there!

Forgotten I'd posted this, it's been a while.

If you can bear with me, the computer I have that installed on is still packed away after a fairly recent house move and for the life of I me can't remember how it all works.
It would actually be a good thing to get Steermouse installed on this one so I can use my trackball again, so thanks for the nudge!

I shall try my best to get it sorted over the weekend.

edit...removed youtube link as wasn't of any use

invisibledan

Post by invisibledan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Ok, so I've had no time to get the computer unpacked or I would've been able to see all my mappings, however, I got my trackball out and set up zooming on this computer to refamiliarise myself with the set up.

Firstly, I found it best to set up a profile just for Live as I seem to recall there are some buttons I like to use for different things depending on the app I'm working in.

Then, on the Wheel page click the arrow on the left of the window next to roll vertically. This should split into 'Roll up' and 'Roll down'

Click the cmd button at bottom right of window.

Click the 'Roll up' pane and you should see a menu appear.

Click on the drop down menu at the top and select 'Keyboard shortcut'

Click on the empty box next to "Enter a key'

Then hit 'shift and =' (zoom-in shortcut)

Hit ok.

I think you can guess what happens next?!!

Click the 'Roll down' pane and you should see a menu appear.

Click on the drop down menu at the top and select 'Keyboard shortcut'

Click on the empty box next to "Enter a key'

Then hit '-' (zoom-out shortcut)

Hit ok.

I think that should be it.

Off the top of my head, I also assigned -

New audio track
New midi track
Activate/deactivate clips/notes (assigned 0)
Split
Consolidate

There were a few others, some using a modifier key, some without.

Hope this help, give me a shout if you get stuck.