Session View Audio Editing

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
watuse

Session View Audio Editing

Post by watuse » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:55 pm

I would love for when you double click on a audio clip, that you could cut and past some audio or even delete some audio with out modifying the original.

forge

Re: Session View Audio Editing

Post by forge » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:22 am

watuse wrote:I would love for when you double click on a audio clip, that you could cut and past some audio or even delete some audio with out modifying the original.
yeah now that we can properly select in clip view I was thinking last night that it would be cool to be able to copy a section from a wave form and then paste it as a new clip - but this was in arrange I was thinking this too, but I think copy/paste in general would be cool

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:09 pm

I agree. a really simple basic wave editor in the session would be great. (cut, paste, move, delete) no advanced stuff.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:13 am

mr.ergonomics wrote:I agree. a really simple basic wave editor in the session would be great. (cut, paste, move, delete) no advanced stuff.
well. the workaround is to select your audio, hit manage sample so that the sample management browser thingy comes up, then hit edit and it will open in an external editor.

tedious, but it works.

a small simple basic editor would be awesome though, so a definite +1 from me on that.

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:59 pm

I know, I often edit samples this way and I like an external editor for serious editing. But most of the time I just need a simple cut or want to move a little pice of audio a bit forward/backward within a audio file.

Another advantage from an internal editor:
- you can hear the sample in context
- you have a BPM related timeline (sync audio events to the timeline without warping - which is often necessary due to the better audio quality)