syncing to DJ

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
kitchen

syncing to DJ

Post by kitchen » Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:27 pm

Hello,
to bridge the time between closing one song and opening the other during a live set, I use to work together with a DJ. To have the Dj pitch his record to the tempo of my set is easy. But there is a problem in syncing the new song with the tempo if the record. I use to do that by restarting the song pressing space bar and selecting the bpm with the cursor keys. Unfortunately a one bpm resolution is not enough to keep the beats tight for more than a few bars. Of course it is possible for the Dj to correct the pitch of his record when he hears the tempos shifting, but in a live situation, you know.. So it would be nice to switch tempo setting resolutions using the cursor keys.
kitchen

monolake

beat sync to DJ

Post by monolake » Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:21 pm

the next version will have a tap tempo function. you could e.g. map a key like "T" to it andevery time you need to (re)sync live to a DJ just tap four times ( assuming a 4/4 beat) and you are running in sync again.

rob.

vandeloow

Post by vandeloow » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:40 pm

has it also a pitchtool to fine adjusting the tempo ?

monolake

snc to da DJ

Post by monolake » Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:39 pm

... you can allways go to the tempo field and use the arrow up down buttons to fine tune the tempo! For the furture we have something more elegant in mind in a more DJ like fashion but it will propably not be in the next version.

robert