All times are UTC

Post subject: Revert to last saved, specified alterations intact...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:56 am 

Forgive me if someone has already mentioned something like this before, but an idea just struck me:

When I play with a set in Live, sometimes I make changes that I really love; but at the same time, I'll make changes that I don't want to keep. This means I have to create presets, backtrack through my changes, and do all sorts of things to avoid embedding the alterations I just don't want.

Would it not be great if you could choose which changes you wanted to keep and add them to the last save you made in an instant?

In the same way that one can freeze tracks in most DAWs, this could be possbile by freezing plugins/parameters/tracks on which one had made the changes they wish to keep; select a new function that reverts to last saved version; and there you have it... all the changes that you wanted, and none of the tedious backtracking.

Any thoughts? :D

P.S. If you can tell me of a function that already exists within Live, capable of this job, then please let me know. Many Thanks

Post subject: Re: Revert to last saved, specified alterations intact...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:21 am 

yeah, this would be cool!

like with some digitalmixers where you can "safe" a channel from being recalled when you load a new preset, but in reverse...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:23 pm 

tenderboy wrote:
yeah, this would be cool!

like with some digitalmixers where you can "safe" a channel from being recalled when you load a new preset, but in reverse...

I guess so!

I practice live sets with Live fairly often, and make loads of changes to the tracks, with no intent on saving, then I'll do something on one track that I think, 'hey, I like that; and I'd like to start with it'. And the only way I can go about saving those specific changes is by making presets and opening them in my previous save, or going back through the project and sweeping up the alterations I wish to discard. Otherwise, I'll just have to scrap the changes and memorise what I did.

Thank you for your support. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:41 am 

agreed. Sibelius has an awesome versions feature, it really opens up your workflow. Live should have something like it too