a vsti-host as rewire-slave to Live

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
atom_b

a vsti-host as rewire-slave to Live

Post by atom_b » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:38 pm

Hi!

I've been doing some research for any apps fulfilling this demand. And apart from some Max/MSP derriven apps (wich are only Rewire masters) there seems to be nothing out that can do it.

So Gerhard, Monolake or anyone at ableton able to answer this: Is it - in general - possible to build a small application just for this purpose? And if so, would it, from your POV, make any sense to build one for having it work as a slave to Live?

Your well founded answer will be much appreciated, since the Rewire-staff at Propellerhead seems to be on permament vacation. Can you help out?
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

jdg

Post by jdg » Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:02 am

i agree that would be a boon.. what i do know is just run my absynth and reaktor standalone along with live.. this works kinda.. but what you're looking for would be awesome to have.
www.google.com

best website ever

atom_b

Post by atom_b » Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:44 pm

Yep! I'm doing the same with Absynth - Reaktor won't let me because of a dual processor bug wich prevents me from having it workable standalone:(

I am now looking forward to Max/MSP being ported to Windows (due in October). As far as I have understood you can build such an application with it. Well, and as soon as I'm done (I've got some other tasks too, so I won't be too fast on this one, and I'm not very fast in developing anyway), maybe someone on a Mac with Max/MSP is willing port the structure. We'll see...
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

jdg

Post by jdg » Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:16 pm

i know all to well about those stoopid dual proc bug swith reaktor.. i scrapped my dually setup and built a single proc PC because of it...
oh well ..

re: Max/MSP proggy
do you frequent the max list? you might inquire there as those people are mostly max freekz and could probably whip up a patch to do so in like 20sec.
www.google.com

best website ever

atom_b

Post by atom_b » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:16 am

NI said Reaktor 3.3 should be there in September. While this is not really asuring me of having it here on my DAW then, I've been asured by them, that the bug will be fixed in 3.3...

I'll take a look at the Max list. Thanx for the tip!
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

Link

Post by Link » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:33 pm

Speaking of Reaktor and bugs. I wish the vstTimeInfo bug in live would be fixed so the Reaktor VST plug-in understands it can recieve sync info\etc.

The plugs that are working and syncing seem to be the ones that don't check for this, many Steinberg's plugs ironically enough number amongst them.

I was hoping this would be rectified in the last update.

Link

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:17 pm

muzys(.com) currently supports rewire for windows and will soon (in the next update, i think) support it on macs. it hosts vsti's and is just a nifty sequencer/sampler/editor, though it doesn't use the conventional theory behind apps of this nature. it takes a bit of getting used to. super cheap ($125 gets you free upgrades for life) and totaly skinable. i dunno, i dig it. fair warning for mac absynth users, there is a little bug when using the vsti with muzys, nothing big and easily worked around, but you have to be careful about it or everything quits and all your glorious tunage goes bye bye. it's a long story and i don't wanna type no mores, so let me know if anyone is interested in hearing it.

k

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:21 pm

of course i just realized that you were looking for a rewire 'slave'. i have no idea if muzys can slave. how's this sound; next time i'll actually read the post before i reply.

k

p.s. is that appropriate semi-colon useage?