Soution to post FX rec, and monitor and playback

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
SongCarver

Soution to post FX rec, and monitor and playback

Post by SongCarver » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:30 pm

Hi all.

I just realized that you can double-click an effect instead of dragging to have it added to the current track... anyway...

MY IDEA

A simple way to add the ability to record clips POST FX and to have simaltaneous monitoring and clip playback would be to let a tracks input be another tracks output.

So, lets say we have a distortion on track one, we we want to monitor it as well as well as playback new clips and all of it post FX.

got it?

If you are playing guitar, through FX, and want to record a clip, and continue to play over that new clip.

Well, have track 2 able to accept input from track 1 (ith FX)

Then, with an option to only monitor a track clip on playback.... you could solve a couple of problems at once.

That is unless Ableton has already got it solved and it beta testing.

cheers,

-K

Link

Post by Link » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:49 am

Hi Soncraver ;)

I listed that in my "live clip" idea, resampling on the fly track based instead of from masters yeah.

This along with the clip having a few options like overdub\revers\insert and it's virtually an EDP digital echoplex.

A couple of alterations\additions to what's already there basically. I'm with you. Ableton asked what was the difference between what was there and this\these ideas is hopefully they have been taken on board.

Link