Linkable warp marker settings across several tracks.....

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
yelhahc

Linkable warp marker settings across several tracks.....

Post by yelhahc » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:23 am

Don't know if this one has been discussed before, but how about linkable warp marker groups across tracks - so if you record 12 tracks of drums into Live and want to time them, they can be linked in a group so it doesn't matter which of the 12 tracks you are moving the warp markers on, the others will move with it (so they stay phase coherent).
Would also be handy for multi-miced instruments like guitars and bass, as well as being able to creatively manipulate the timing of an entire section of a song easily.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:47 am

i don't know if you mean real-time...
because for now, what you can do, is copy a warped clip in different tracks, and then import ANY audio file in it ('replace' function), the audio file will keep the same warping parameters.
it can be a bit tedious when you have many tracks, but it is still quicker than warping them one by one.

yelhahc

Post by yelhahc » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:45 pm

Hey Peeddrroo

Thanks for the tip man, that's a great way to work around things. I'm just hoping Ableton might make doing this a bit easier for us in the future. With a feature like Warp Marker Grouping, Live would be an invaluable tool for full on studio multitracking sessions, and I think would do the job quicker than the likes of Pro Tools. Anybody else out there wanting to multitrack in Live and have any ideas???

Steve.