wishlist

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
maarthel

wishlist

Post by maarthel » Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:33 am

Maybe it's nice to set up a Live wishlist, so that actual users can discuss things they would like to be seen in a future update of live. I've been mailing a few times with Ableton to give some suggestions and may be other users have also some great ideas.

From memory a few things I asked for:
1. Live should send Midi sync
2. Being able to see which audioclip is on which midikey and/ or computerkey (my workaround now is naming the clip with it's assigned key)
3. Using different quantisegrids. So for example one basicgrid like a bar and on audioclip level using a different grid like 16th or something. That way you'll be able to start loops and stuff right on the beat, but audio with a more free feel or things like drumhits can be played anytime.

That's as far as I know.
I think Live is a great program and it was actually the solution on the things I wanted to do with playing live.
I hope that new input from users would take this program to the next level.

Greetings, Maarten, Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Ataru_Moroboshi

vsti's

Post by Ataru_Moroboshi » Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:52 pm

I would like some kind of VSTi support, perhaps a standalone app that would rewire with Live to handle VSTi's.

Of course, if what i hear about Reason 2.0 is true, then by mid 2002, i'll be running Reason 2.0 and Live on a gighertz g4 laptop, natively in mac os x.

one can dream at least. :)

puthupa

Post by puthupa » Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:54 am

I agree with the VSTi support (why use Reason then? now to find out about Reason 2.0...). I'd also like to be able to play a clip with a loop at the end, so it loops the last bar or so.