New Request: Ableton Rocket Network

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
FORMAT

New Request: Ableton Rocket Network

Post by FORMAT » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:53 pm

As I would want to exchange work with collaborators all over the world, this feature would be a real plus! What do you all think?

Format

Alex Reynolds

KLIV-105, coming at ya coast to coast

Post by Alex Reynolds » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 pm

Perhaps the Ableton crew could set aside a percentage of the revenue coming in from Live license sales and put it towards hosting a streaming server?

Each licensed user gets 25 MB (or whatever is reasonable) to post one of his or her works.

People click on a link on Ableton's website to open a connection to the radio station or see a playlist. The playlist would have information gleaned from the licenser user's forum account (email address, web address, AIM name, etc.).

Perks of buying a license!

-Alex

ischo didn't log in

Post by ischo didn't log in » Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:54 am

yoyoyo,
nice idea FORMAT......but:

personally, I don't really want my system connected to the web. I'd rather go for exchanging files over some server as mr. reynolds was thinking of (more or less). But I don't really think there will be enough space on the ableon server for ALL of us here.
And then, someone might come up with some kind of fee for space he/she uses on this server. ya know...profit......

btw, wanna?

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:33 pm

web servers r very cheap, its not that bad and judging from how many people post their music up on the forums, it wouldnt take that much space. Its worth a trial run at least. Id love to be able to see how people are working with ableton, if they was to post up their live files too then u can see how they're making certain things wot techniques they r using which u'd love to do and struggling to do, of course this would be optional!

crt

Re: KLIV-105, coming at ya coast to coast

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:43 pm

Alex Reynolds wrote:Perhaps the Ableton crew could set aside a percentage of the revenue coming in from Live license sales and put it towards hosting a streaming server?

Each licensed user gets 25 MB (or whatever is reasonable) to post one of his or her works.

People click on a link on Ableton's website to open a connection to the radio station or see a playlist. The playlist would have information gleaned from the licenser user's forum account (email address, web address, AIM name, etc.).

Perks of buying a license!

-Alex
I like this one alot! Very cool! I wholeheartedly offer my support!
- / . c r t
---
www: http://www.crtdot.com
g3ar pron: PowerBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, LIVE 4, BCR 2000, PC1600X, Oxygen 8
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:14 pm

Great idea, any sort of collaboration or sharing of ideas generates inspiration. It's gotta be a good thing.

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:58 am

Martyn wrote:Great idea, any sort of collaboration or sharing of ideas generates inspiration. It's gotta be a good thing.
Yeah Martyn, where can I find stuff that you've done?

cheers,

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:40 pm

Bump...