. moved

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
astroschnautzer

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by astroschnautzer » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:03 am

Hope this hasn´t been said and it´s a max4live feature but dragging files to the live.drop object straight from ableton would be nice rather than having to use only files through the filebrowser.

acid

Post by acid » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:24 pm

does someone already said this: :arrow: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=131709 ?

keppy

Post by keppy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 pm

I know people have asked for this before, but i didn't see it in this list.

I would like to have both the apc and the launchpad red box in the arrange view. At least just around the track titles. It would help a lot to know where i am at, and what tracks i'm controlling. it doesn't seem like too difficult of a thing to work out.

2000down

Post by 2000down » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Instrument:
Drum Rack

1st Let me expand the drum rack somewhat like the spectrum so i can see more cells.
2nd Let me color each cell and have that color also be shown on the actual channel.

I've very tactile and visual with person when it comes to my drums...control is everything.

IP

Post by IP » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 pm

woh!! many new posts!
i lost episodes again!
updates on the way

ton

Post by ton » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Does Live support now multiple midi ports for remote control?

One example what I mean: If I have a pitch = 0 on midi channel = 1 on midi port = 1, then the same information pitch = 0 on midi channel = 1 on midi port = 2, could I assign them to do different things in Live?

Right now it seems we are limited to a single port only, meaning we could not do what is described above.

swoonboy

Post by swoonboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:45 pm

1: in the editor, a new mode like melodyne, or variaudio in cubase.
2: a media bay tag based, like cubase or sample catalog or N.I. kore
3: in session mode, new type for direct export directly in a right click on a cell, with different option. if you have a midi clip with a VSTI and any effect, the option can be: export midi, pre effect, post effect, and export audio, pre fx, post fx.
4: on top of vst, or native fx and instruments, little arrow for navigate in the presets, one by one, and only with one click or a midi control!
5: for the "external instrument" module, having some knobs, and buttons for controlling, by midi, the external instrument or fx.
6: a better support for the encoder mode for novation remote, in the mixer mode.
7: in the grouping mode, add more knobs, or buttons.
8: in the vst menu, separate automatically the fx, and instruments from the menu, with reconization. and possibilitie to reorganisate the vst.

I'm sorry for my english, i hope you will understand my language :-D

theys

Post by theys » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Back for more! I'd love to be able to control parameters in a Rewired External Instrument (specifically one that is tied Reason since that's what I use most). Basically, I want to be able to send MIDI data from Live to Reason parameters without having to program each parameter in Reason. Think of it as a MIDI macro shell for Reason, I suppose...

T

IP

Post by IP » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:34 pm

ouf all in!
243 lol

marker

schpinn

Post by schpinn » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:48 pm

• SysEx support
  • the ability to make ghost (linked) copies of clips, so when you make a change to the original, all linked copies get changed also (both in arrangement and in session view)

kconlan

Post by kconlan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:54 am

My requests involve drum racks:

- I agree with 2000down's requests a few posts back.

- Ability to midi assign the "little square" that dictates what pads are seen/playable, and the ability to choose how many rows it jumps when clicked + dragged, or midi messaged (without needing a modifier key, currently alt in windows). It currently only moves in 3-row increments. Further, when midi assigning the square, I would like the option to assign 'square moves up' and 'square moves down' to 2 buttons, rather than a knob/encoder.

- Currently, drum racks have 'choke groups'. I would like to have 'choke targets' as well, similar to MPC's, so that a pad hit can mute another specific pad.

- Ability to select 'Copy to Siblings' in the Choke Group menu, to change all pads to the same Choke Group.
Last edited by kconlan on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

jsterne

Post by jsterne » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi All,

This is a great thread. I'm hoping I'm not repeating too much what else has been said. If I'm asking for something that has already been remedied, please school me.

MIXER: MUTE SENDS: a small button to mute and unmute each send on a channel (there's actually room inside the knob on the interface). Very useful for dubby mixing moves like sending a single snare hit to a delay.

AUDIO: TRUE MONO: The option for true "mono" tracks. I can do fake mono in utility, but this does work for actual mono IRs in convolution plugins. Mono tracks on things like guitar and bass that are recorded mono would also save lots of processor power when I start piling on the plugins.

AU/VST Effects: PULLDOWN MENUS FOR PRESETS INSIDE PLUGINS: A better preset browser, integrated into each plugin's interface (Digital Performer's works well this way). Right now, plugs with a lot of presets and submenus are a PITA to scroll through on the left window. Also, if I tweak from one preset and then click on another, it turns off the audition button and automatically adds a new instance, when really I'm just messing around with presets. Making the audition button stickier (ie, it's on until you turn it off) would speed up my workflow when auditioning presets.

+1000 on CPU efficiency. Every little bit helps.

Muzak

Post by Muzak » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 am

Didn't see a request for this under "Browser", so here goes:

The ability to create a "Preset folder" from the right click menu in the Device Browser.

For more info, check this forum thread:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 31&start=0

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:51 am

+ 1000 for true mono tracks.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 am

I want editable midi-assignments.

I want to be able to go into midi-assign-mode and then edit the assignments. Change the midi-channel for example for a bunch of those. Without having to reassign each one by clicking etc.