. moved

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
cheparukhin

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by cheparukhin » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:58 pm

EFFECTS

Looper - the ability to use it with direct monitoring and automatic latency compensation. For example: you are playing electric guitar, monitoring it through hardware guitar processor/combo with minimal latency, and recording it into Live's Looper. In this case you don't need Live to monitor what you are actually playing, you need it to behave like during regular clip recording with monitoring turned off, but now this is not possible. As I see it, this feature in Looper will require that the playback of the recorded loop will start slightly before the recording itself ends to compensate audio interface latency.

BROWSER

Again, Tag-based search engine! (i.e. bpm, key, style, etc.)

GENERAL

Maybe it's weird, but I'd like to have the ability to use MIDI mapping for internal MIDI signals (now you have to use Midi Yoke, etc. for such purposes, but there are latency issues, also they don't work when exporting (rendering) the project). For exaple, I can control the launching and transposition of a MIDI clip by another MIDI clip.

MIDI EFFECTS

Arpeggiator: more flexibility, it would be good to have something like step sequencer, trance gate, velocity control buit-in.

hwelsh

Post by hwelsh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:58 am

ahhh forgot about samplers zone, which is basically that piano roll shizz.

ABLETON IS AWESOME.
hwelsh wrote:You might have to include the ability to make a sample pitchable (like sampler's piano roll) or keep it anchored to it's original pitch (like in impulse) and you'd have to be able to do this to each sample added. This interface would be interesting, as you might have to incorporate a piano roll into the steady, one-line impulse note drawer, or maybe it wouldnt have to be that complex, it might be a simpler pitching method and could look like the velocity lines or something. you could always transpose the sample in the sampler-like interface, but this would require copies of the same sample, all set to different pitches, if you wanted, for example, a sequence of toms that got consecutively higher pitched.

a person would likely not be making melodies or basslines in the same instrument (Beast Sampler) as their drum beat, so it wouldn't necesarily have to be a fully integrated piano roll/impulse hybrid. You could have a rudimentary pitch-editing interface and it would still greatly improve what impulse can do already.

im giving myself goosebumps!

Loopscious

Post by Loopscious » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 am

GUI or Browser, wherever it goes...

to be able to NAME Groups!!
Live 10 suite (just transitioning over from 9), mix of hardware and software

m-clis

Post by m-clis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:30 am

I think it could be great if you'll add some extra grid setting for envelope edit mode - transient grid. Cause in this case it will be really cool alternative for "melodyne" stuff)
I mean, when you editing in 1/8 or 1/16 grid some phrases in vocals or melodic samples could mismatch the grid, and when you working with transients it could become the "magic wand" - for editing pitch and detune (and detune envelope in this case also could be great)
Also try to imagine - with transient grid you could do individual phrase fx envelopes.
I understand that It could be solved with drum rack or group track via slicing but it will be more comfortable for many users i think.
:roll:
Also it could be great if you will add some convolution effect, that could be universal effect as Acustica Audio Nebula or Focusrite Liquid Mix. There's really LOTS of IR's available, so why not use 'em?
Thanks for your attention)

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:21 pm

How about sorting AU by Instrument and FX on the Mac version? That'd be great.
I don't 'produce.' I write music.

IP

Post by IP » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:41 pm

KrisM wrote:How about sorting AU by Instrument and FX on the Mac version? That'd be great.
isnt it possible to manually make "Instruments - FX - etc" subfolders inside your AU directory? (like the vst's on windows) ??

just asking, dont know about macs ;p

-------------------------------------------
+ marker(new posts copied to notepad)

Kristijonas

Post by Kristijonas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:03 am

Arrangement
Ability to select multiple blocks, not only the time range in Arrangement view.
"Reset" envelope values to default by double clicking it.
Full Unicode support for track names.
Of course - "Bezier" curves and entering value manually, but these are already in the list ;).

New Devices:
Process Viewer - to keep track what eats CPU
Multiband stereo imager
De-Esser (yes, it's already in the list ;) )

Clips:
Full Unicode support for track names.
SOUNDPROVOCATION
Check out my new release: "Eccentric Grooves"

IP

Post by IP » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:35 pm

1. moved here: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133970
because
Your message contains 63537 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.

2. Marker post - all in except

Reletive/encoder mode for macros.Could fix misaligned parameters when changing programs also good for retaining reletive positions of muliple parameters mapped to one macro. (requested by Mr-Bit)

alternative feature already in
--------------
New Devices: Process Viewer - to keep track what eats CPU (requested by Driezhas)

Isnt it toooo much?? i think this is an operating system's job

Kristijonas

Post by Kristijonas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Hello, IP, firs of all - thank you for creating this categorized post, you are doing a great job!
New Devices: Process Viewer - to keep track what eats CPU (requested by Driezhas)

Isnt it toooo much?? i think this is an operating system's job
Not exactly. System shows "Live" CPU and that's all. I meant detailed real time cpu (maybe even RAM) usage monitoring for internal Live processes, it could look similar like this:

Analog 15.7%
Kontakt 19%
Compressor 5%
MegaReverb 2%
CamelCrusher 9.3%
etc...
Total: 72.31%

In the ancient times I used to play with music tracking software "Buzz" (by Jeskola) - it has such a feature that I have found nowhere else.
This would be very helpful for optimizing workflow, especially when preparing for on-stage performances.
SOUNDPROVOCATION

IP

Re: the big user requests list moved

Post by IP » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:32 pm

great!
will be added here http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133970 (out of space lol)

Kristijonas

Post by Kristijonas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Here are some more loooong awaited features :) :

1. Change clip volume by dragging top of "Fade" curve:

2. Add Maximize clip view Button & Shortcut + optimize this space, like shown in this thread (last post in page 1): http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93188

3. Simplify reset effect to default parameters (cmd/ctrl+double click, or whatever)

4. Ability to loop smaller amount than 1/4 of timeline in arrangement view.

5. Separate "Plugin favorites" tab, especially for AU/VST, (think about Max devices too! :) ) something like this:

6. CAF format recording to forget about .aif's 2 GB limit

7. Hot-Swap is amazing, but it would be also great to have preset switching buttons "FW" "FF":

8. Ability to view clip content when parameter is "Unlinked" - it's hard to draw curves without seeing clip's content!!
SOUNDPROVOCATION

Kristijonas

Post by Kristijonas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:34 am

Also, VERY welcome feature - ability to set one folder for ALL analysis files and keep view in file browsers clean! At least there should be an option to choose - save next to file or to specified folder!!! :wink:
Also, support for 24 and 32 bit of lossless formats - FLAC and Apple Lossless.
SOUNDPROVOCATION

IP

Post by IP » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 pm

nice 1 Driezhas!!!
Last additions from this specific topic!

EVERYBODY PLEASE NOTE that im not watching this topic anymore ...

please post your requests here instead

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133970

and let this topic die ;-)

LOCK LOCK!!!

l-rs

Post by l-rs » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Also a BIG PLUS for making Ableton send MTC. +++++
I've got some stuff here:
http://www.zuur.com/

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:43 pm

[moved]
Last edited by baseinstinct on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.