. moved

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
alexaaz

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by alexaaz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Ahh thanks Amaury, don't know how I missed that!

Out of interest, what do you think of the 'multiple arrangements' idea? :-)
Feasible?

All the best,

Alex

ps. If Live 9 was released now and all it had was recording automation into clip view, automation curves & the ability to run Max for Live plugs (but not edit) I would buy it straight off. I think these are priorities for most people so I hope they are for you Abes. I've seen it said that recording clip automation requires a re-writing of the Live engine... Please don't make us wait until version 10 for this! I can see it would be tempting to keep a big overhaul for LiveX but this is what we need... Not samples or soft synths or effects which can all be bought but actual improvments to Live itself!

LithiuMind

Post by LithiuMind » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:22 pm

I have a very simple request which I believe Electromorphix has requested as well.

When working with clip automation, I want to be able to fully automate the parameter's envelope (0-100%) regardless of where it is set on the actual plug-in. Right now whenever you go to edit the envelope for a parameter in the clip, the maximum possible value for the parameter is whatever the knob is set to on the plug-in. If a cutoff frequency on a synth is set to 50%(say, 800hz) then the clip automation currently would only allow for movement between 0-50% (20-800hz) rather than from 0-100% (20-20000hz).

Is it possible to have the clip automation be allowed total freedom of movement? This would be amazing. It is very frustrating to have to go back and manually readjust the clip values for a bunch of clips because I had to increase the parameter envelope's "max" value to be able to move a knob past 75%.

I know that certain parameters such as Mixer>Pan and Clip>Transpose allow for 50% on either side of an envelope line which sits at 50%. Is something similar possible for all parameters?

Alsamarkan

Post by Alsamarkan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 pm

an allover sidechaining function is very important. plugins like waves new vocal rider don´t work correctly without it. therefore we need post fader insert points on each track. this would give us a lot of possibilities...
Last edited by Alsamarkan on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I7 920/6 GB RAM/WIN7/RME 9632/UAD-1/Trigger Finger/APC40/MPK25/Nanokey/Shuttle Pro V2/Live 8 Suite/BFD2 (XFL,8BitKit) Kitcore/Trilian/Omnisphere/FM8/GuitarRig 4/RealGuitar 2/Reflections LE/Waves Vocal Rider/Fabfilter Bundle/SPL Analog Code Bundle 1

alexaaz

Post by alexaaz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:30 am

This would be a small timesaver;

Dragging Multiple sounds (up to 8 if Impulse remains the same) onto Impulse slots. You can onto drum racks but not impulse pads.

Thanks (ahead!),

Alex

posssu

Post by posssu » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 pm

"All the clips use the selected track color" -option. When track color is changed, clips change with it.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

doremifa

Post by doremifa » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:14 pm

multiple cue points - essential for DJ'ing

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Go to Previous ("visited") Track, Go to Next track

as in pdf readers :)

If you have been on track 3 drums then clicked master track, then went to track 25 vocal and then 50 synth lead
it will be of great use to be able to to get back the track whose number you may already not remember, but which contains drums you have just been working on (here: Alt+Left 4 times), then straight to vocal (Alt+right 2 times) etc.

A wonderful function to be used with a midi controller or a shortcut (Alt+Left/right in pdf readers)

Alsamarkan

Post by Alsamarkan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:12 pm

it would be incredible to have an extra effect lane under each track in the arrangement view... so it would be possible to put all kind of effects into strictly self defined song parts (stro, ref, bridge etc.). this would be a whole new level to work with the arrangement window. i know, you can disable effects through automation, but that is not as efficient, clear and handy as it could be with the mentioned method. mixing and automating would be much more fun. more flexibility, more creativity.
Last edited by Alsamarkan on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I7 920/6 GB RAM/WIN7/RME 9632/UAD-1/Trigger Finger/APC40/MPK25/Nanokey/Shuttle Pro V2/Live 8 Suite/BFD2 (XFL,8BitKit) Kitcore/Trilian/Omnisphere/FM8/GuitarRig 4/RealGuitar 2/Reflections LE/Waves Vocal Rider/Fabfilter Bundle/SPL Analog Code Bundle 1

doremifa

Post by doremifa » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:25 pm

add this to the idea of multiple monitors/more flexible gui..

ability to doc any m4l device or any other shit like this:

where you could open it in a really big window

there is plenty of free space there, no one uses!

Alsamarkan

Post by Alsamarkan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:28 pm

doremifa wrote:add this to the idea of multiple monitors/more flexible gui..

ability to doc any m4l device or any other shit like this:

where you could open it in a really big window

there is plenty of free space there, no one uses!
you are right. there is plenty free space which should be used! we need more direct browser windows to manage all the stuff which is coming and is already there. all my vsts, effects and libraries live in chaos! could be managed so easily with 3-5 windows more.

doremifa

Post by doremifa » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:15 pm

that should be on the other side, which is not so bad atm. All my vsts are sorted, but probably a nice sorter would be cool (by different parameters, mentioned "ni kore style" is the best way) and option to choose number of windows for vsts and live devices which only have 1 now. But I was talking about opened devices/windows. Like to open a midi editor window or step sequencer window in a full window like the main screen section has, would be awesome! That's what I want. And give an option to open any window your want in such a way, just adding a simple button. There have been no serious changes to Live interface till version 5, as I remember. This is one of the biggest priorities for me.

posssu

Post by posssu » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:01 pm

If not already in the big list: possibility for keyboard shortcuts like "mute/unmute current track" and "solo current track", "activate/deactivate selected clip".

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:16 pm

Lock the tempo

when midi controller can change the tempo, it can happen without your noticing, especially with atmospherics.

then you may record things -> unnecessary degradation

"lock the tempo" option in Right click menu of tempo field

posssu

Post by posssu » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:24 pm

A menu (or context-menu) item: "Create envelope point to current cursor position". And a keyboard shortcut for it.

DDF

Post by DDF » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:27 pm

1: "Grouping of lines of automation"

On mine very actual function, especially if in the project is a lot of "automation lines" for effects...