. moved

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Alsamarkan

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by Alsamarkan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Category Autofilter:

i would love to see an easier hi-lo passfilter. great and simple for every track.
Last edited by Alsamarkan on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I7 920/6 GB RAM/WIN7/RME 9632/UAD-1/Trigger Finger/APC40/MPK25/Nanokey/Shuttle Pro V2/Live 8 Suite/BFD2 (XFL,8BitKit) Kitcore/Trilian/Omnisphere/FM8/GuitarRig 4/RealGuitar 2/Reflections LE/Waves Vocal Rider/Fabfilter Bundle/SPL Analog Code Bundle 1

esky

Post by esky » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Sven wrote:Midi:

Choose quantize Mode before recording (auto quantize while playing, like for example in Logic)
??? already there...

Alsamarkan

Post by Alsamarkan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Category General

the possibility to save a template set is o.k., but there is still a problem. i drag simple effects in every track, let´s say a cutoff filter effect. each time i doubleclick an extra effect or a vst instrument into the track my old standard track effects dissapear. they get overwritten. so it would be great if we had an extra gap, where we can put our "always needed" effects into, without any chance to get lost of it. then save as template set - voila. there would be enough space i guess^^.
Last edited by Alsamarkan on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I7 920/6 GB RAM/WIN7/RME 9632/UAD-1/Trigger Finger/APC40/MPK25/Nanokey/Shuttle Pro V2/Live 8 Suite/BFD2 (XFL,8BitKit) Kitcore/Trilian/Omnisphere/FM8/GuitarRig 4/RealGuitar 2/Reflections LE/Waves Vocal Rider/Fabfilter Bundle/SPL Analog Code Bundle 1

aubford

Post by aubford » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:38 pm

HERE ARE MY SUGGESTIONS!!!!

MIDI EDITOR
-a keyboard shortcut to override the trimmer MIDI tool. This tool gets in the way when trying to select and move small midi notes and forces the user to do a lot of unncessary zooming.

GENERAL
-The ability to “always solo” a track so that I can keep things like my rewired soft-synth input tracks always soloed no matter what. (I like to handle all of the midi in Ableton and it’s a pain to have to solo two tracks all the time in order to hear one track from the Reason)

INSTRUMENTS
-There needs to be the ability to control fade ins and outs at the beginning and ending of samples in “sampler” and “simpler” (not just when using the loop funtion) so I can mitigate popping issues when the sample start point is getting into the loud parts of the sample.

GENERAL
-I want to be able to personalize the keyboard shortcuts!!

ARRANGEMENT
-When I double-press stop in order to make the insert marker go back to the beginning, Ableton doesn’t allow me to due numerous keyboard-shortcut commands like zoom in/out, select the loop, and others. I would prefer if these actions could be performed regardless of what else is happening in the sequencer.

GENERAL
-Pro Tools syle playlists!!! This would seal the deal for a number of other people that I know in terms of kicking Pro Tools to the wind and picking up Ableton!!!!!$$$$$$$$$;-)

d-track

Post by d-track » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:39 am

best wish ever:

logic for live!

beat it!

IP

Post by IP » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 am

d-track wrote:best wish ever:

logic for live!

beat it!
come on!!!

live is more "logic" than Logic ;p

*marker

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:59 pm

For Video:

I would like to see basic opacity, size, and speed adjustments.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

posssu

Post by posssu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:01 pm

dysanfel wrote:For Video:

Although video window is very good to have floating, for those who work on a single display it would be nice to be able to also dock it somewhere so it wouldn't be on the way all the time (like Logic) - it goes to its own very small corner when you close it so you can be sure it will never be on top of some parameter you need but you can still somewhat see where you are in the video.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

Porcelli

Post by Porcelli » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:11 pm

When producing with Live, here're 6 feature wishes:

- Curved automation (Logic style)

- Multiple screen support (arrangement window + mixer window)

- NO link between full screen piano roll and mixer window

- Hide clips button

- "Fusor" plugin making it possible to stack multiple virtual instruments on the samme channel for huge sound sculpturing possibilities

- "Draw chords" (Logic style)

mofus

Post by mofus » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:14 pm

I would love to add these features as well:

batch export of files. please be inspired by cubase 5 export :)

mono audio tracks. that will make it possible to use my mono ir's in altiverb amongst other things

Thanks

loachm

Post by loachm » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:35 pm

...a plug-in like the FL Studio wave traveller...

...region markers for the sample view of a clip to mark the different parts of a track - pretty handy for djing...

posssu

Post by posssu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:54 pm

mofus wrote: batch export of files. please be inspired by cubase 5 export :)
Would be a real time saver!!!

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:57 pm

posssu wrote:
dysanfel wrote:For Video:

Although video window is very good to have floating, for those who work on a single display it would be nice to be able to also dock it somewhere so it wouldn't be on the way all the time (like Logic) - it goes to its own very small corner when you close it so you can be sure it will never be on top of some parameter you need but you can still somewhat see where you are in the video.

That would be interesting indeed.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

IP

Post by IP » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:22 am

All in except
Porcelli wrote:- Curved automation (Logic style)
Already in
Porcelli wrote: "Fusor" plugin making it possible to stack multiple virtual instruments on the samme channel for huge sound sculpturing possibilities
Something like instrument racks but with CV etc? If yes already in
mofus wrote: mono audio tracks. that will make it possible to use my mono ir's in altiverb amongst other things
The IR will be loaded into altiverb (not ableton) so i guess Live have nothing to do with this.

posssu

Post by posssu » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:06 pm

IP wrote:All in except
Porcelli wrote:- Curved automation (Logic style)
Already in
Porcelli wrote: "Fusor" plugin making it possible to stack multiple virtual instruments on the samme channel for huge sound sculpturing possibilities
Something like instrument racks but with CV etc? If yes already in
mofus wrote: mono audio tracks. that will make it possible to use my mono ir's in altiverb amongst other things
The IR will be loaded into altiverb (not ableton) so i guess Live have nothing to do with this.
And it is currently perfectly possible to use mono IR's in Altiverb when running Live.