. moved

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
eischeid

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by eischeid » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 pm

I thought of a few more today:

- a way to explore the details of what is in a Live Pack. From what I understand, a Live Pack can contain a wide variety of file types, so it would be nice to be able to 'peek' inside of a pack *before* I decide to install it, and even get those same details later, after it is installed.

- when a live pack is installed, I don't know where it puts all of the files (samples, devices). It doesn't seem to be a 1 to 1 association between a live pack and an item in the device browser hierarchy. So, when I install a Live Pack and want to use its samples, devices, or projects, I don't immediately know where to look.

Overall I think Live is a great great product!! Keep up the good work.

Mr F

Post by Mr F » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 am

Nice idea to have one big list and BIG it is! hahaha

But...
The only problem is that we have to go through a person who does not work for Ableton which means that your wish may not be included because IP didn't agree with you and Ableton are never going to search through this entire thread to see if something was missed!...

Also...
Hoping that a lot of this list will be free updates to Live 8 as opposed to paying for an upgrade!!
Helpful online tool: Music Calculator

Setup
Ableton Suite 8.2.5
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit
2.83ghz Quad Core
6GB ram
RME Fireface 400 (Fw) 3.047
Novation Launchpad
Novation Remote SL MKII
NI Maschine 1.5
Focusrite Liquid Mix 3.0 (Firewire)

IP

Post by IP » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 pm

hey Mr F!!! if i agree or not with a request it is an other story!!

ALL the requests will be added to the first post anyway!

i have already added many requests that i dont like,
this is not the point, hope you know what i mean :)

i am just the "collector" of everybody's (inc me) crazy ideas about the program.

now except from the fun side of it we may get lucky and see some of these suggestions to an upcoming version :)

UnUnUnium

Post by UnUnUnium » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:59 pm

I have one request: for a real-time crossfade option between clips in the same track.

For instance, you could set a crossfade time, and if a clip was playing on that track, then you triggered another clip in the track, it would fade between the first clip and the second over the crossfade time.

I'm aware you can sort of do this with clip envelopes in two different tracks, but it would be much easier and more conducive to the Live workflow to be able to do it in one track.

alexaaz

Post by alexaaz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:40 pm

What would be single easiest and simultaneously most useful feature for Ableton to implement? Multiple Arrangements! There could be a little pull down box and clicking on it allows you to 'add another arrangement' and label it. Then you can switch easily between arrangements by just clicking on this pull-down box and selecting whichever arrangement.

It would also make the lack of being able to record automation in session view much less annoying. Though I desperately want that feature too!

IP

Post by IP » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:25 pm

gp23 wrote:6. Envelope Follower device to control any device parameter with audio input.
this will be crazy!!! + 9.999.999.999

and ...

market post!

all in except
gp23 wrote:3. When mapping a parameter to a macro knob, transfer the current setting of that parameter to the macro knob rather than resetting it to zero.
requested already, its in the list
gp23 wrote:4. Adjustable speed for repitch mode on Live's delays. The delays in Guitar Rig have this ability. The fixed rate in Live isn't always appropriate.
you can do it if you turn off "sync" ...

... or you mean something else?

gp23

Post by gp23 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:07 pm

IP wrote:
gp23 wrote:4. Adjustable speed for repitch mode on Live's delays. The delays in Guitar Rig have this ability. The fixed rate in Live isn't always appropriate.
you can do it if you turn off "sync" ...

... or you mean something else?
No, I'm talking about the rate of response when changing the delay time when in 'repitch' mode (the selectable delay mode accessed via the context menu on the top bar). At the moment it is fixed and I find it a little slow and sluggish especially when making fast adjustments to the delay time. In the delay devices in Guitar Rig there is a knob called 'acceleration' which adjusts the response time when changing delay time, from either quite slow to practically instant. I'm not sure where this parameter could be included in Live without including an extra knob on the interface. Even being able to select between a few different rates would be better than nothing. It's not a major thing because I can always use the delays in GR3, but it would be a nice improvement. Perhaps there is room for a new definitive delay device in Live.

IP

Post by IP » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:21 pm

now all all in ;)

thanks

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:12 pm

gp23 wrote:6. Envelope Follower device to control any device parameter with audio input.
Need this to get that Jerry Garcia style envelope filter/wah.

Volition

Post by Volition » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:35 pm

Although you can manually release your ASIO drivers in Live by clicking the CPU meter to turn it OFF...it would be incredibly beneficial to have an option to have Live automatically release audio drivers when in background.

This would be a HUGE work flow improvement when dealing with sound library management software like Basehead or Soundminer
Vista, 8gig RAM, Ableton Live 8 Suite, APC

alexaaz

Post by alexaaz » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:48 pm

The ability to select and move a row of audio clips in session view by holding COMMAND and having them go into a column, as happens when dragging from the browser.

I often just browse samples/loops through the browser and press 'enter' on anything I like. Then I end up with a long list of tracks all with 1 clip on them. I'd rather just have them on the same track and regularly end up moving them individually. This would be a real timesaver.

DDF

Post by DDF » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:28 am

1: "Groups" for samples in Sampler,with Round Robin ef., and Start on key....
2: Grouping for the "group" tracks,..

posssu

Post by posssu » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Correction to CLIPS, number 18.

Currently: "being able to have the waveform-area of a clip with colored background"
Correction: "being able to have the waveform-area of a clip IN ARRANGEMENT VIEW with colored background"
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

Electromorphic

Post by Electromorphic » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Better Automation

- Start at 0% and gain to 100% rather than starting at 100% and subtracting to 0%

- Breakpoint snap to grid (or breakpoint quantization)

- Ability to control and record all parameters (including effect on/off) with the movement of a mapped controller knob in Session View to a clip.

Sampler/simpler algorithm improvements

- Ability to transpose sample by complex and complex pro algorithm rather than by pitch alone. (ie sample plays for same length of time but the pitch changes, granular pitch shifting rather than time based pitch shifting)

Swedish Sam

Post by Swedish Sam » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:20 pm

INSTRUMENTS

Sampler/Simpler

1. Previewing samples in context (when the music plays). My personal No.1 priority. Just click on the sample swap button and browse through your library to hear samples previewing instantly through your track fx and sampler/simpler settings. (like filter, mods etc)

At the moment you have to "load" every sample, and it gets frustrating when you got 10000+ snares, and you want to hear it in the track with fx and filters active. Just a way of easily flick through samples more effective.

2. Round Robin. Just a way of alternating samples like hihats and shakers when you work on the same pad.

3. Drum Rack FX Bounce/flatten. It would be great to just press a button and quickly "bounce" or flatten an individual drum pad with all it's active VST's and FX. Great for sculpting sounds and to free up resources when you work with samples.

GUI

1. Mixer view. I'm coming from a mix perspective here, and why not have a 3rd view (Mixer view) where the audio clips gets replaced with the plugins (like any other DAW). Would be ideal for serious mixing duties within Live and to have everything easily accessible visually. Pro mixing in Live can be a bit confusing when you have a lot of channels and no way of getting a overview. (I know Live is not made for this, but it could be very good. As well for people looking for a PT/Cubendo alternative.)

2. Stereo Panner and Phase Reverse. Add another Pan to Stereo tracks to define the width of L and R channels. Great for mixing or swapping L/R. This is only important if there would be a Mix view.