. moved

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Fieldmedic

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by Fieldmedic » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:22 am

re.mark wrote:This thread gets me wet.
Thank you! :mrgreen:
It is a brilliant fantasy, isn't it!?
though about 8% of our requests are likely to happen, we get this brief oppertunity to imagine the perfect update!
nothing beats a good set of updates.
um, I mean.. focus people, back to work.

FM.

loachm

Post by loachm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:43 pm

...some feature requests I'd like to add (in the order of their importance):

1. a tag-based sample manager/database like the cubase media bay or the ni kore browser.

2. better handling for multi-timbral vsti's. It's stupid to set up three tracks, if you want to use a multi-timbral instrument on two tracks. You have to use one midi track containing the instrument, another midi track for the second midi channel and another audio track for the output of the second midi channel. If I'd want to use all possible channel of an 8 part multi-timbral instrument I'd have to use 15 tracks in total (31 for a 16 part multi-timbral instrument). That's very annoying, not to mention that freezing doesn't work with multi-timbral instruments. An option would be using just one instance per channel, but I don't want clutter up my ram with an unnecessary amount of instruments - I could freeze them, but this still uses up more ressources than it has to.

3. a curve tool to draw sine/triangle/saw/square shaped envelopes according to the respective quantisation (I'd rather have this than a special lfo plug-in).

4. slope points for every envelope segment to alter the shape of its curve (like the absynth envelopes).

5. a transient designer plug-in.

6. a spectrum match feature for the eq.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Fieldmedic wrote:
re.mark wrote:This thread gets me wet.
Thank you! :mrgreen:
It is a brilliant fantasy, isn't it!?
though about 8% of our requests are likely to happen, we get this brief oppertunity to imagine the perfect update!
nothing beats a good set of updates.
um, I mean.. focus people, back to work.

FM.
my guess is that bezier curves and proper automation tools are in that other 92%.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:50 pm

loachm wrote:...some feature requests I'd like to add (in the order of their importance):

1. a tag-based sample manager/database like the cubase media bay or the ni kore browser.

2. better handling for multi-timbral vsti's. It's stupid to set up three tracks, if you want to use a multi-timbral instrument on two tracks. You have to use one midi track containing the instrument, another midi track for the second midi channel and another audio track for the output of the second midi channel. If I'd want to use all possible channel of an 8 part multi-timbral instrument I'd have to use 15 tracks in total (31 for a 16 part multi-timbral instrument). That's very annoying, not to mention that freezing doesn't work with multi-timbral instruments. An option would be using just one instance per channel, but I don't want clutter up my ram with an unnecessary amount of instruments - I could freeze them, but this still uses up more ressources than it has to.

3. a curve tool to draw sine/triangle/saw/square shaped envelopes according to the respective quantisation (I'd rather have this than a special lfo plug-in).

4. slope points for every envelope segment to alter the shape of its curve (like the absynth envelopes).

5. a transient designer plug-in.

6. a spectrum match feature for the eq.
a definite +1 on the tag feature and transient designer. been wanting this for along time now.

IP

Post by IP » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:24 pm

go!
all in
check

theys

Post by theys » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Another thought for automation curves in Session and Arrangement view: a "Stretch Points" feature much like the "Stretch Notes" feature for MIDI clips...

Tympanic

Post by Tympanic » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:44 pm

hey,

i´ll just add the topics i had aside this thread!

please add:

-seamless overtake of values while mapping a parameter to a macro (the macro knob should take over the value of the knob to be mapped seamlessly)

-automap function for racked instruments, in a way that each parameter that is klicked with the maouse is softmapped to the next free macro dial!

-Please, add drag-and-drop support for dragging samples with their respective configuration from one cell to another in impulse!!!!

--> this is needed for convenient layering!!!!

-please support my request for an option (somewhere in the options menu)
to regulate the thinning aggressiveness of recorded automation / midi data.

cheers

daniel
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

>v< - that´s the question today

...the work of production is reduction...

some music

salanimi

Post by salanimi » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:41 pm

MIDI Effect Rack

1. Midi Effects Rack -> Input from and output to CC's, values get saved in rack (requested by solconnection)
This with midi-cc automation lanes would be awesome!

posssu

Post by posssu » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 pm

-optional timecode display in video window

-being able to set the timecode offset to any possible value (could be hours away from 1.1.1)

-surround support

-applying crossfades to multiple selected tracks (currently only one at the time)

-an additional handle to all the crossfades so that you can move the whole crossfade as it is to another position horizontally, without altering the fade curve and the length of the fade

-being able to have the waveform-area of a clip with colored background - not just the title bar as currently (Arrangement view). Check out how ProTools does this - you can alter amount of the color in the waveform-background from 0 to 100

-Make the track title bar colors to less intrusive: currently you have to watch out that you won't color a title bar to the same color that the selected track or a freeze track. When a track is assigned a color, one shouldn't be able to mix it with the native colors of Live. In ProTools the track color is neatly at the side

-warp markers to midi editor, allowing flexible "stretching" of midi data for example to metronome tempo while preserving performance charasteristics (explanation, doesn't need to be included in the actual wish above: I know midi doesn't need to be warped, so hold your comments. But midi data needs to be stretched sometimes, for example a piano performance. It can be totally out of metronome tempo and currently you can't make it fit this tempo in an easy way. There is stretch notes, but this is "destructive" and doesn't stretch the data that is in the CC-channel (for example hold pedal))

-locking midi timing so that after global tempo change the midi data still plays in time (this would basically mean the same as turning warping off, so if midi clips could be warped, this would be automatically implemented)
Last edited by posssu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:36 am

- Being able to write info on warp/transient markers, such as syllables when warping vocals.
- Automatical colouring and naming of clips. If I have a yellow track called "bass", I'd like all the clips created on this track to be yellow and called "bass".
- And as mentioned above, a curve tool for drawing sine, square, triangle etc. And logarithmic curves.

rosti

Post by rosti » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Arrangement view:
* Browsing clips in arrangement view! So you wouldn't wave to switch between modes all the time. It would be nice to have something like drop down menu for clips at every track.

* Mixer in the arragement view!!!

Midi editor:

* Possibility to get background color of every other beat/bar slightly darker for better visual feedback on drum programming etc.

edit. typos.. lots of them :D

Entelekhia

Post by Entelekhia » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Timecode (SMPTE) counter

scientist

Post by scientist » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:41 pm

warp markers in midi tracks. useful for recording midi sans click track, then warp to tempo afterwards.

depnaker

Post by depnaker » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:36 am

you can cut, delete, duplicate tracks and clips to session view normally. Also consolidate in arrangement is working fine (in my opinion).

Starting Small Business

IP

Post by IP » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:47 am

check
many double requests but everything else is in