. moved

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live

Alsamarkan
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:39 am

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by Alsamarkan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:01 pm

a battery of predefined automation lanes would be helpful. drag - drop - humanize!
I7 920/6 GB RAM/WIN7/RME 9632/UAD-1/Trigger Finger/APC40/MPK25/Nanokey/Shuttle Pro V2/Live 8 Suite/BFD2 (XFL,8BitKit) Kitcore/Trilian/Omnisphere/FM8/GuitarRig 4/RealGuitar 2/Reflections LE/Waves Vocal Rider/Fabfilter Bundle/SPL Analog Code Bundle 1

IP
Posts: 751
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Greece

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by IP » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:59 pm

marker post - all in except some features that was already existing

and
friend_kami wrote:exploding midi clips!
sorry man i cant get it ;p
my English are a bit poor

please give a tip !!

also waiting for some new "feature listing/cleanup" ideas ... is getting a bit complicated :mrgreen:

alexaaz
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:19 am

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by alexaaz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:17 pm

I'd also like 'set here to 1.1.1' for midi clips. It would be really handy, particularly for speeding up or slowing down clips with the x2 or /2 buttons.

Electromorphic
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:09 am

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by Electromorphic » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:53 pm

Okay... I have some suggestions for ways to trim the list.

9. Add a preference to be able to "Open Live Set" upon startup (requested by jimyson)

This already exists. It's called Template Set. You can tell ableton to open up whatever live set you want upon start up by calling it your template set.

10. scrub tool, pro tools style. (requested by 789lwnm2)
17. Pro Tools syle playlists!!! [This would seal the deal for a number of other people that I know in terms of kicking Pro Tools to the wind and picking up Ableton!!!!!$$$$$$$$$;-)] (requested by aubford)

I don't know what either of these mean... I don't use protools. What are they talking about?

26. built in midi clock sync (requested by gncgry)

Don't we already have midi clock sync?

GUI

5. NO link between full screen piano roll and mixer window (Requested by Porcelli)

Isn't this the same as dual screen support? Which is number 2 on the list?

9b. Stereo Panner and Phase Reverse. Add another Pan to Stereo tracks to define the width of L and R channels. Great for mixing or swapping L/R. This is only important if there would be a Mix view. (requested by Swedish Sam)

Can't this be done already with the autopan tool? Also the Utility?


BROWSER


3. improved browser search a la native instruments style
5. a tag-based sample manager/database like the cubase media bay or the ni kore browser. (Requested by loachm)

These two requests are the same thing

Automation General

2. Ability to control and record all parameters (including effect on/off) with the movement of a mapped controller knob in Session View to a clip. (requested by Electromorphic)

This is my suggestion, and it is actually the same as 1. Record Automation to session view under SESSION. You can probably delete one of them.

outershpongolia
Posts: 2230
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:40 am

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by outershpongolia » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Electromorphic wrote:9. Add a preference to be able to "Open Live Set" upon startup (requested by jimyson)

This already exists. It's called Template Set. You can tell ableton to open up whatever live set you want upon start up by calling it your template set.
It opens the template as a new untitled document. This way, when you go to save, you have to do a Save As.. and overwrite that template, the suggestion is to have Live open a Live set on launch so that you can just Save it instead of it making a new untitled document out of the template.

IP
Posts: 751
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Greece

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by IP » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks Electromorphic!!!

time to make this fun topic more usable 8)
Electromorphic wrote:Okay... I have some suggestions for ways to trim the list.

9. Add a preference to be able to "Open Live Set" upon startup (requested by jimyson)

This already exists. It's called Template Set. You can tell ableton to open up whatever live set you want upon start up by calling it your template set.
You are right

now we can make a template and save it as default and except from that we can save as many custom templates as we want and drag them in anytime we want.

this could be improved :

when open live to have a popup dialog window with 2 columns
on the left a list with our saved templates
on the right a list with recently opened live sets

Electromorphic wrote:10. scrub tool, pro tools style. (requested by 789lwnm2)
17. Pro Tools syle playlists!!! [This would seal the deal for a number of other people that I know in terms of kicking Pro Tools to the wind and picking up Ableton!!!!!$$$$$$$$$;-)] (requested by aubford)

I don't know what either of these mean... I don't use protools. What are they talking about?
you are absolutely right!!!

i write in the first post
Please dont make requests like:
-a logic like EQ
-a Cubase like reverb.
-a FL like piano roll etc.


but i forget to remove some of those requests that was already exist !!
will be removed now

Electromorphic wrote:
26. built in midi clock sync (requested by gncgry)

Don't we already have midi clock sync?
again agree ...
[we may need a new "improvements" category]

GUI
Electromorphic wrote:5. NO link between full screen piano roll and mixer window (Requested by Porcelli)

Isn't this the same as dual screen support? Which is number 2 on the list?
this one is different ... i think Porcelli asking to be possible to "undock" any midi editor (popup) so we can compare the notes with other note of an other track
Electromorphic wrote:9b. Stereo Panner and Phase Reverse. Add another Pan to Stereo tracks to define the width of L and R channels. Great for mixing or swapping L/R. This is only important if there would be a Mix view. (requested by Swedish Sam)

Can't this be done already with the autopan tool? Also the Utility?
autopan cant do stereo widening but there is a request for a stereo widener device
Phase Reverse yes, it can be done with utility


BROWSER
Electromorphic wrote:
3. improved browser search a la native instruments style
5. a tag-based sample manager/database like the cubase media bay or the ni kore browser. (Requested by loachm)

These two requests are the same thing
agree :)

Automation General
Electromorphic wrote:2. Ability to control and record all parameters (including effect on/off) with the movement of a mapped controller knob in Session View to a clip. (requested by Electromorphic)


This is my suggestion, and it is actually the same as 1. Record Automation to session view under SESSION. You can probably delete one of them.
[/quote]

again agree ;)

thanks man!
the list is big and is hard to handle with no duplicates etc
updates on the way :)

posssu
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:58 am

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by posssu » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Freeze complete group-track (even if there's internal routing within the track going on!)
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

Migra
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by Migra » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:08 am

I'm TOTALLY AGREE WITH 6) MP3 Export... I don't know why this hasn't been implemented!
| MacBook Pro 13" OS X 10.7.1 C2D@2.26 4GB.RAM 500GB.HDD@5400RPM | | Reason 6.5 | Logic Studio 9.1.7 | Cubase Artist 6.5.2 | Traktor Pro 2 | Nexus2 |

Tryptych
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by Tryptych » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:37 pm

bigcohoona wrote:GUI: Although I love the simplicity in Ableton's GUI, it is beginning to feel a little dated, it would be nice if there was just a little 3d action in there
The simplicity's fine, but i think the main issue is:

When browser, effects bar and channel infos open, the workspace is shrunk to 1/4 of the actual screen size. That combined with the inability to zoom with the mouse wheel is just too much.

So: please make the GUI less crowded. It just gets in the way all the time. Theres way too much wasted space.

Soma
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:59 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by Soma » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:06 pm

GUI/Workflow
Better workflow for moving clips composed in the session view to arrangement.
Right now you can drag to the little arrangement button, or save and go to the browser (I think), but seeing all the clips meant for a track should be an INTEGRAL part of non-real-time arranging.
I would only need to see the clips for the in focus track. Pressing a QWERTY key or button would add the clip and move the cursor to the end of the clip in the arrangement.

crumhorn
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by crumhorn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Here's one for the browser and file manager.

Include support for Subversion repositories please.

I've been using a Subversion repository to backup my live projects.
It has many advantages over just copying the project folder to a backup disk:
* only need to backup new and modified files. saves loads of time.
* can always go back to earlier versions of the project or individual files.
* uses compressed format - saves on disk space.

But without built in support it's rather techy to use and doesn't cope very easily with renamed or deleted files which have to be updated in the repository by issuing svn rename and delete commands.

IMO this would be a really powerful addition to the browser, giving it the ability to access all previous versions of every file and to quickly backup or restore your work.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

IP
Posts: 751
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Greece

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by IP » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:25 pm

You can use "Tab" key

select the clips you want / tab / throw them to arrangement

crumhorn
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by crumhorn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Suggestion for clip envelopes.

Currently clip envelopes interact with session automation by multiplying the current control value by a percentage.

There should be more modes which could include any or all of the following:

Multiply - this is how it currently works
Add (and Subtract) - The clip envelope value is added to (or subtracted from) the control value and then clipped if necessary
Max (and Min) - Use either the control value or the envelope value depending on which is greater (or lesser).
Average - Use the average of the control value and the envelope value.
Replace - Ignore the control value and just use the envelope value.

You can probably think of more, but these are the main ones.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

alexaaz
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:19 am

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by alexaaz » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:49 pm

You should be able to drag multiple grooves into the groove pool. Crazy that you can't!

Post Reply