multi-select clips...

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
adt

multi-select clips...

Post by adt » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:05 pm

Multiple selection and editing of clips, so you can operate on them in one go:

- change colour of multiple clips at once
- transpose multiple clips at once
- paste midi data / sample data / clip envelopes into multiple clips at once
- etc. etc.

AND THEN...

A single command to multi-select all clips with same name as the current one!!

(or some better way of grouping clips so it's easy to select them all in one go, without having to hold down CTRL and click each one)

--

this needn't be so hard to do. all the things in my first point could be done like in Excel or Word - copy from one clip and paste special... into the rest, ticking what you want to paste (colour, name, transpose, bpm, midi-data, envelopes...) This means the clip editor panel never needs to deal with multi-selected clips.

anyone else think this is useful?

victhrill

Post by victhrill » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:02 am

I had a recommendation that would help what you're talking about in some cases. The idea is to be able to drop effects on scenes, as well as adjust pitch and stuff like that for entire scenes. This way on the fly you could transpose stuff instantaneously, making improvising more effective!
Defender Of The Beat

adt

Post by adt » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:18 pm

That sounds good, although to be honest my main incentive was for the arrangement view, so that you can modify clips after you've recorded a session and see what effect it has on the sound of the arrangement.

I think multi clip select would be good in both views, with an instant way to select all clips in a scene (or a track for that matter) in the session view. The dropping effects onto a scene thing would apply the effect to the master mixer output until you move onto a different scene, I assume...

victhrill

Post by victhrill » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:53 pm

Ooh, yes, I like the mult-select idea too! Alright, let's lobby for both!
Defender Of The Beat

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:03 pm

+1 multiple clip select for renaming multiple clips please!!

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:05 pm

ignore me... i sussed it out: you have to type the name into the clip view at the bottom.

donato

Post by donato » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:12 pm

hi there,

you can multiselect clips in the session view and modify them all at once. make sure one of the clips is you want to modify is selected. then just shift-click on all the clips you want to modify or draw a rubber band to select them. in the clip view you can then change volume, transposition clip colour etc of all the selected clips.

cheers,

donato