global configurable macro window

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
fisto

global configurable macro window

Post by fisto » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:49 pm

...a window which is detached from the mainwindow and always visible (shortcut for turning off).
on this window you put different macros (from different tracks but in one window) for faster editing of often needed parameters. with possibility to make faders, knobs, switches and give them names and colors and assign them to any parameter of any track. Of course this dashboard should be midi-assignable too.
We could build cool virtual controllers and the overview would increase. I hope you got the idea.And when performing you would always see which parameter is beeing controlled if its on the dashboard.

mr.ergonomics

Re: global configurable macro window

Post by mr.ergonomics » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:32 pm

+1

posssu

Re: global configurable macro window

Post by posssu » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Well, you read my mind, check this out: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=79684

I've been wanting something like what you're describing for a long time. My needs for it are to be able to create a simple window when using Live as an instrument (like Logic's MainStage).

In my mockup on this thread it's integrated to the upper part of Live's window, but it's just a mockup.

I'd really like to see something like this. Global macros, as you put it - one window where you could put just the things you need to know about your set.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live