few ideas for live 9

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
TheRealZoltan

few ideas for live 9

Post by TheRealZoltan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:00 pm

MIDI GATE EFFECT: I think u can create really cool sounds with live,,, example: instrument racks(MIDI FX[arpeggiator, ...]+ableton instrument+live FX[delay, reverb...]). What I think is missing from the MIDI FX though is an effect that would allow you to create trance style gated synths/pads, a simple step sequencer or so with a few parameters, the details I would leave to Ableton... (maybe there is a way to do all that, just I don't know how???), (for example: trancegate in nexus, or vanguard)

MIDI CLIPS FOR DRUM RACK CHANNELS: I like drum racks a lot, but i would like it even more if there would be a possibility to have MIDI clips for each of its channels. It would give me a better overview of my drum arrangements in the arrangement window with having all my drums in one drum rack and in one preset. In the MIDI editor I think its kind of difficult to arrange the drums for a whole song, where you can't see the rest of your set. I know: use different tracks for sounds, but drum rack presets are a must have.

MULTIPLE WINDOWS, SCREENSETS: it would be nice to work with live on more screens, and also save screensets so you cold jump between screens you use a lot with dedicated shortcuts (like in Logic for example)

also:
-pitch correction effect
-more then 8 macros, and optional faders, knobs, buttons
-more then 1 template
-preview drum rack pad presets like wav files, for quick search

will come back with more, let me know if there's any good
thank u!

re.mark

Re: few ideas for live 9

Post by re.mark » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:01 pm

TheRealZoltan wrote:What I think is missing from the MIDI FX though is an effect that would allow you to create trance style gated synths/pads,
Instead of any midi effect, place an AutoPan onto any given track, set amount to 100, shape to 100 and phase to 0. Voila. Un Trance Gate. Set the offset to suit, if u want it offbeat etc. You can then automate the rate (in hertz or beats/bars).

TheRealZoltan

Post by TheRealZoltan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:06 am

Nice, will try, thanks!

globalk

Post by globalk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:22 am

TheRealZoltan wrote: -more then 1 template
There are!