Rewire program Autoload/Incremental Saves/Arpeggiattor

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
kgmonarch

Rewire program Autoload/Incremental Saves/Arpeggiattor

Post by kgmonarch » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:20 pm

I find that when I open a saved composition that uses rewire software (i.e. reason/FL Studio) I have to go and re-launch these apps manually. D'ya think it would be too hard to automatically detect the usage of these programs upon load-up of the saved composition, and present the user with a dialog allowing him/her to select programs for autoloading? Maybe allow a user to specify saved compositions to auto-load for these apps.

You could just have a file link to the project files for these other programs embedded in the ableton saved composition, or, just have it auto load other .FLP or .RNS files that share the same Base-Name.

Also, it might be nice to include a button on the "Other rewire devices are still running" popup window allowing you to shut down these other apps when you attempt to close Live without shutting down these other apps.

I'm just trying to cut down on the number of repetitive steps necessary in the workflow.

----------

Incremental saving... Just something that makes a "incSave" dir in the same dir as your composition and stores it away with a _005, _006, _007... suffix tacked onto the basename. Perhaps have a setting allowing you to allow it to keep only the last five versions.

-----------

MIDI arpeggiator MIDI plug-in... you just tack it into the MIDI track and it should allow you to arpeggiate a long notes/chords

It should give you settings for:

Scale (multiple choice) chromatic/blues/jazz/etc...

Octaves/Steps (Knob) number of steps up/down)

Swing (Amount of swing to apply)

Speed (multiple choice 1 bar->1/64 note) Rate at which the arpeggiator steps through the scale)

Length (knob 0.0625->1) length of note i.e. 1:note is held for full duration of step -- 0.0625:note is held for only 1/16th the duration of a step.

Direction (multiple choice Up/Down/Up-Down/Up-Stay/Down-Stay)

Check out the FL Studio arpeggiattor function. It's got almost everything you could want.

klangsulfat

Post by klangsulfat » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:55 pm

IMHO the Fruity Loops arpeggiator is not really state of the art. It makes more or less this boring up/down stuff.

Additional to your wishes I would like to see an arpeggiator with programmable patterns (e.g. 16 steps on/off) and a chord trigger feature (incoming notes will not be arpeggiated but rhythmically repeated).

Together with the Scale and Chord plugs we could do amazing things far beyond other arpeggiators.

In general, its a good idea for the abletons to take a closer look at the arpeggiator parameters of some sophisticated hardware synths like MC-909, Virus, K5000, Triton, etc.

Just my 0,02 $