More MIDI controllable parameters

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
bsom

More MIDI controllable parameters

Post by bsom » Sat Jan 19, 2002 3:57 am

Some of use glitch-headed fellows like to be able to adjust some strange parameters on the fly...

Namely, I'd like to be able to assign the 'Warp' and 'Loop' parameters to MIDI controllers for each sample. [Orig. Tempo, Loop Start, Loop End, Loop Length, etc.]

These settings, when tweeked in realtime can be very powerful for producing 'experimental' glitchy music...
bsom
the 'b' is not silent and neither am i
www.bsom.org

Monolake

MIDI Controlers->Warper

Post by Monolake » Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:08 am

Hi Bsom,
without talking too much about future improvements i can say that the whole warping structure is an issue we are working on. And it is very obvious that having real time control to warp- parameters is something which is lots of fun. I cannot promise anything in the nearest future because the to-do list is loooooooong, but we are working on solutions which will do what you requested and much more ...

rob.

bsom

Post by bsom » Wed May 08, 2002 5:31 am

Please, please, please!

How hard can it be to make the Loop Length, etc. parameters MIDI controllable? I don't want to move warp makers in realtime or anything. I just want to be able to adjust the tempo and loop parameters in realtime. I can do it with my mouse without any problems, but i want to be able to do it from my PC1600x...
bsom
www.bsom.org

astaplatz

TOTALY

Post by astaplatz » Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:23 am

This is far mroe creativly powerful than mp3 imports... I mean you can batch convert MP3s into wavs as needed, but you can't control this without a controller in real time... this would be really cool to have. so let me add myself to this begging list...

bsom

Post by bsom » Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:30 am

Can I get an Amen?!?

Let me control all of these parameters with my PC1600x and i'll be in tweakheaven.

Please do this for the next update! It cannot be that difficult to implement. Everything to make this happen is already in the software, you've already done the work...
bsom
www.bsom.org

fuzesupernova

you got dat right

Post by fuzesupernova » Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:56 am

also automation on warp(why it works on plug-ins only?)
it will be crazy if i could do dat!!!
i wish that function will be added on next update!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:58 pm

*bump*

monolake

warpcontrol

Post by monolake » Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:41 pm

some word to mapping warpcontrols etc:

1. yes it would be very cool
2. it is a nightmare to implement.

- we decided to make an application which works for both live on stage and as a studio tool. we came up with the lovely idea to make it possible to record all your live actions into a timeline based arrangement. this is unique and powerfull but makes it sometimes very difficult to implement new features. in this case there are many many conceptual problems as well as speed issues in the impementation to solve.

just an example : if you change a warpmarker during recording in the arrangement we have to create a new clip in regular intervalls ( "clip update rate " in prefs ). if we would not do so, it would be almost impossible to draw a waveform in the arrangement which has something to do with what you hear. if we would allow for continuous change of a handfull warper parameters in realtime we would have to find a complete new way to display the resulting data in the arrangement ( and make it possible for you to edit it in a usefull way afterwards !!!!! ).

this all is incredibly complicated once you start looking at it in detail. the basic idea is in our minds since live version 0.7...

we completely agree that a more flexible handling of clips during playback is hot and we work on it but it will take some time till it is perfect enough to implement it and give it to the users.

reagrds, robert henke

bsom

Post by bsom » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:19 pm

...but I don't want to move warp markers!

I want to be able to adjust the BPM setting for a loop and the loop length parameters. Moving warp markers in realtime sounds useless to me...

I can click them while the app is running and i have no sound problems nor glitches....

It just doesn't seem like it's that hard to implement...

Moving warp makers DOES seem like a bastard, but that's not what I was asking for.

//bsom
bsom
www.bsom.org