THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Monchai

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by Monchai » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:12 pm

The Beat Repeat is lack of pitch transpose up, right now is only able to transpose down and a multiband compressor would be nice (not just the multiband Dynamic) something with attack, release and ratio etc.. for each band. and don't forget the pitch correction/adjustment FX. Thanks

SWAN808

Post by SWAN808 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:15 pm

this may have been mentioned - but I would like it for Live to dispose of plugin latency of a track/channel once a it has been frozen.

I can understand why there is still latency when a plugin is bypassed...because that plugin may be activated whilst 'live' - however - a freeze is a mix relevant operation that is not relevant live - so why is there a need to keep the latency? It is being played from an audio file anyways. When mixing with multiple instances of Acustica Audio Nebula - I would like to be able to freeze to get rid of excess CPU, RAM AND latency....but still be able to go back and edit (which is not possible when multitracking and using the flatten function)...

slurm

Post by slurm » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:26 pm

In clip envelope automation, add the ability to turn an effect/device on and off in the envelope options.

Also I would like to voice my strong support for paragraph SESSION 6B, as requested by ToddOMG, this is key!

ryanisflyboy

Internal Controllers

Post by ryanisflyboy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:55 am

My apologies if this is a repeat request, or there is some way to do this I don't know about.

I'd love to see internal controllers, along with a set of plugins that generate control signals. For example, I'd like a generic LFO I can apply to any automatable parameter. Or how about a plugin that takes the volume of its input and turns it in to a control signal which can be assigned to control any automatable parameter. Another idea would be to use simple math equations to adjust or modify the control signal. It would be nice if you could assign multiple parameters to one control. For example, tying 15 automatable parameters across 8 channels and 6 VSTs - all to one master LFO which can be changed live. Another controller could watch for the end of a pattern and produce a control signal. I'm sure with a bit of brainstorming someone could come up with 5-10 'lego brick' like controllers that could be used in a chain to change your sound in an infinite amount of ways.

Of course, to keep track of controllers they should be nameable. In order to be effective you should be able to assign them to anything, and assign the same controller multiple times to different things. Perhaps a list like the midi or key assignments could be used to keep track of them all.

jace_(nz)

Post by jace_(nz) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:49 am

1 Automation Curves and Waveform shape tool,
2 Snap to grid,
3 a second rack with More Macros or option on this secong rack to add your own amount of macros,
4 automation parameter available for sample start and end points and loop potition in sampler,
5 Reverse selected Midi data and also flip from top to bottom,
6 another more advance filter with more filter types and a wet and dry,
7 Sidhaining In some of the other Effects like grain delay, Resonator and reverb and and any other suitable devices,
8 Availabilty to rename Pitch/drum lines in Midi editor and save as Preset.
9 For Dj and preformance purposes more midi control ie the Option to switch to and from browser via a midi control and also load the Higlighted track in to the selected sessions view slot ,and small midi Transport for cue Monitoring.

Seven

Post by Seven » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:46 pm

So many great suggestions, I don't think mine are new but what I'd like to see:

1. 64-bit Support
2. Better Multi-processor support (Currently on my Win7 machine with a Phenom II X4 Live will quickly report much higher CPU usage than my system monitor and audio drops start to occur unless I change the audio buffer. When I reopen the same instruments and presets in Samplitude or Cubase I do not get audio drop outs and I can see a more even use across the cpu cores.)
3. Linux support, I only have a Win7 partition just for audio now and I also do not like Apple and their trend of forcing upgrades every few years.

condra

Post by condra » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:50 pm

More touch-screen friendly interface

scorb

Post by scorb » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:39 pm

That it works as well as Live 7 did

I still haven't upgraded to 8 because it can't even play back modest L7 sets without crapping out. Also stop making addons when the software still has so many issues that have been left unaddressed.

Midi sync still not working = a complete joke

spectrum not in its own window or integrated with EQ8 = ridiculous

bezier fades but no curves in automation = retarded

bug pack creation "feature" = annoying waste of time that only serves to remind you that the software is full of bugs whilst adding yet more lost time to recovering from crashes (of which there are many) - and why can't you turn the fukka off in prefs!!!

Ableton are not the company they were when i first jumped aboard and it's gonna take alot to make me want to reinvest. In the meantime i will continue to use Live 7 which works just fine and lets me use 4 times as many plugins and double the track count.

condra

Post by condra » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 pm

midi control for the browser

midi man

Post by midi man » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:45 am

Definatly more video functions :idea:

CFM

Post by CFM » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Definitely NO more video functions - else the software becomes a jack of all trades master of none.

If you want video get a video editing program!

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:16 am

Monchai wrote:a multiband compressor would be nice (not just the multiband Dynamic) something with attack, release and ratio etc.. for each band.
Than what would be different to Multiband Dynamics?
My English is not perfect, I know... Sorry about that.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!

fx23

Post by fx23 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Quantisize any parameter remote action
Quick store and recall any sets of params
Via midi assignable/automatable buttons.
Full multitouch native support, with modular ui
Customizable.
For me nb1 priority remains autom to session with ability to choose wich is master/relative , additive/muliply/overlay/override if change modes.
Official maintenanced documented api with
Generic osc support, not m4l only layer.

RoundHouse

Post by RoundHouse » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 am

The Gate needs to be able to go lower than -40db!

A global sound/MIDI-triggered envelope thats assignable to any parameter!

RD444

Post by RD444 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:36 am

==OVERDUB or global record does not erase controller lanes==

has that been said :)

Hi

I'd like to play MIDI notes and keep control info(OVERDUB or global record does not erase controller lanes)

play some notes - great
Jam the filter - record controller info
play some more notes in overdub - erases the controller info

sometime i jam extra notes into an arrangement. i'd like to do it without overwriting all the lanes of controller info. or sometimes i like what the FX are doing, but i want ot try out a few more ideas. new ideas jammed on the keyboard overwrite all controller lanes

A way to lock controller lanes so global record does not override controller lanes
a lock button near the other lock button
an option in preferences.
a lane specific lock for controllers

Many Thanks
"Plugin Delay compensation -PDC WARNING - Ableton Live 9 does not sequence all information correctly in time"
The bigger the project the more out of time it will be.