THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Kristijonas

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by Kristijonas » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 pm

+ One location for analysis files, for samples that are not in a project folder, please. Now external sample library is full of .asd files...
SOUNDPROVOCATION
Check out my new release: "Eccentric Grooves"

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Driezhas wrote:+ One location for analysis files, for samples that are not in a project folder, please. Now external sample library is full of .asd files...
ooohhh... i like this one alot... although I'm wondering if that can work without creating issues... the only place I can think of where this can happen and be safe is to store them somewhere in the library, which may or may not annoy some users...

i get tired of lookin at em too...
big +1 here if its do-able.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Tenneti

Post by Tenneti » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Ability to vote for these features as listed in this wishlist. There are some amazing requests that we would want to see in Live 9. Is there a way in which we can vote and ask for them? Thanks.

MakiSupaStar

Post by MakiSupaStar » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:29 pm

I have a couple of things. Please don't shoot me down if they've already been added. I spent an hour on that first page and didn't see it (read a ton of other great suggestions though).

First, I'd love to see the Ableton/Share thing work. It would be great to work with my music partner online, in real time on the same file, in Ableton's GUI, and then have the ability to save the changes we made. I know that it was promised to be a feature of 8, but it's never worked for me. Maybe it works for other people (I am a little retarded when it comes to things like this).

Also I'd like to see the an iPad app that allows you to expand the functionality of the APC controller. It could be a nice floating option that could expand the touch interface of APC. Perhaps the ability to add two or three so that other band members could have one too, or something that could be cloned and distributed to the other band members. Or different gui's working on the same song. Not sure if that was clear or not.

jkung

Post by jkung » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Driezhas wrote:+ One location for analysis files, for samples that are not in a project folder, please. Now external sample library is full of .asd files...
Please do this... asd files are so messy. OR just be like Serato and attach them to the mp3.

Other feature requests:

1. Let me record my automation in session view for clips.
2. give me a basic sample editor in simpler and clip view. I record in session view and totally need this.
3. when editing a clip in clip view, let the play marker follow the timeline for all clips. If i edit a clip in bar 3, start the rest of the clips in bar 3!

Philippe_Michael

Post by Philippe_Michael » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:05 am

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but a better way to make feature requests! Just like http://feedback.unity3d.com/forums/15792-unity. Basically you get a fixed number of votes, and people can vote up the features they want. It works great for unity, an app that resembles Ableton in development workflow and philosophy.

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:48 am

Yes, this looks really cool.
Maybe someone should look over this thread, get all the requests together and make a poll ou tof it?! Than hand the results over to Ableton.. maybe they'll recognize then.
My English is not perfect, I know... Sorry about that.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!

flowdesigner

Post by flowdesigner » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Philippe_Michael wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned, but a better way to make feature requests! Just like http://feedback.unity3d.com/forums/15792-unity. Basically you get a fixed number of votes, and people can vote up the features they want. It works great for unity, an app that resembles Ableton in development workflow and philosophy.
great

nicobi

Floating Point resolution in summing tracks / Busses

Post by nicobi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:15 am

Minimum 64 bit FloatingPoint resolution throughout whole signal chain, better 128 bit. 32 bit FP is clearly inferior to 56 Fixed Point or higher (Analogue summing [ADT class] of course unreached sofar). Sound still matters.

nicobi

Programmable session overview buttons

Post by nicobi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:19 am

Allow the user to define what clip-matrix-area is represented by a session overview button in APC 20/40 or in Launchpad.

When pressing shift on the APC 40, each button represents a 8x5 array of slots. Stepping through the arrays is fixed, the anchors for each possible array are (n = rows, m = columns):

(1,1); (1,9); (1,17); …(1,m)
(2,1); (2,9); (2,17); …(2,m)
(3,1); (3,9); (3,17); …(3,m)

(n,1); (n,9); (n,17); …(n,m)

and so on. I would like to have a userdefined anchor-matrix. That is i can assign an array at any position in the session. And I could step or toggle between them with shift-(left-right-up-down)-cursors on the controller.

nikulo

Post by nikulo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 pm

for the 1kth time^^

mega-ultra general LFO which can be mapped to any possible Live switch/parameter etc.! (even master volume, why the hell not?! xD)

kidtronic

Post by kidtronic » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 pm

sysex send and receive, been very patient for 8 versions, please fix it.

controllers:
alot of people are building experimental controllers and atmeg machines, how about a controller development pack so they can design interfaces in their communities and settle on a version and upload it into the preset menus. I find non-list controllers horribly frustrating to integrate.

kidtronic

Post by kidtronic » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:31 pm

One last one: last night's problem. An external Nemo sequencer was sending in a midi stream of notes to a drum rack.
I wanted to quickly link the incoming hits from 4 tracks to four sounds from the drumrack.

It was not as easy as I thought it should be. I needed a pianoroll display of incoming midi stream and pulldown assign options with the sounds in the drumrack. Something faster than hunting around that grid in the rack or making notes on paper what is what at each end so I can match them. I was suprised at how fiddly it was in practise to integrate, very un ableton in its slowness.

kidtronic

Post by kidtronic » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:39 pm

And, support for IPAD2 which is rumoured to have decent midi and usb ports for external work. If its true, then even I a Mac hater, may switch for use as a live performance controller.

fl0w

Post by fl0w » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:51 pm

kidtronic wrote:And, support for IPAD2 which is rumoured to have decent midi and usb ports for external work. If its true, then even I a Mac hater, may switch for use as a live performance controller.
And make the uncompiled scripts available...